• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • riding from laggan to kingussie/aviemore – offroad
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Any options at all other than take the road to kingussie ducking past ruthven and onto the tracks on other side of A9? ?

coming off the corrieyarrick if it makes any odds – how ever that large body of water probably prevents the entering of the hills any earlier than laggan.

ton

nice way is via Loch Pattack, down loch Ericht and over A9 and then general wades road.

13thfloormonk

Was going to say similar, and if you fancied a bit of a detour you could go south from Dalwhinnie and pick up the Gaick Pass at Dalnacardoch Lodge, and then the Inshriach trails?

scotroutes

Round the back of Crubenbeg (off the Catlodge Road), cross the A9 at Falls of Truim and take the Wade Road from there

The bridge over the Spey at Ruthven is currently closed as it is being rebuilt.

FWIW, don’t be tempted to take the first part of the Badenoch Way before Tromie.

Not at the PC at the moment but I’ll come up with GRs/GPX file later if it helps

Oh, and the Speyside Way now extends to Kincraig if you fancy a faster/less “technical” option than over Feshie Moor.

br
    Free Member

try some options on http://www.bikehike.co.uk

What about Cluny Castle thru to Glen Banchor?

trail_rat
    Free Member

im on bike hike BR but whats on the map doesn’t translate to whats on the ground- even more so in the highlands. I had seen the route you suggest how ever im especially weary of single dotted lines crossing closely spaced contour lines…..

tons route looks favorable – linking in with the generalwades way and coming infront of crubenbeg crossing the a9.

scotroutes

[url=https://flic.kr/p/y5YTYd]Link[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

stumpy120
    Free Member

Don’t go through Glen Banchor, it’s a boggy unrideable mess for quite a bit of it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

cheers colin I think since i have a week to ride ill look into combining yours and tons route.

I got a train to kyle of lochalsh for 14 quid and have a week to ride home. Im pretty much sorted for an off road route bar this section – a deviation down to loch ericht wont make me late for work the following monday 😀

kcal

brilliant! hope the weather holds 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘riding from laggan to kingussie/aviemore – offroad’ is closed to new replies.