Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Riding from Exeter (EX1)
  • Olly
    Free Member

Im moving, from Honiton (15 miles east of exeter) to Central Exeter, next friiiday.

I dont tend to ride much out in Honiton, mainly cause i dont have anyone to ride with (unless i drive for a bit) so although moving into the city, hoping i might actually get out more (as will be living with MTBing grill fiend)

SO, anyone know of any riding from central exeter?
    im guessing south to Haldon Woods is pretty easy (8 miles ish)?

tim41
    Free Member

You can ride up the lanes to the Haldon ridge road in about 45 mins from the city centre. About 300m of ascent though, depending on the route. Loads of off road trails from there, then St Andrews lane back down to Kenn, then about 30 mins back into town.

Woodbury Common is about 45 mins ride from the centre.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

MTBing grill fiend

😯

There was some good riding to be had in the woods on the edge of the A396 to Tiverton although I've not been there for a few years

eviljoe
    Free Member

Here's a map of some of the riding on Woodbury.

Also, come out for some night rides;
    Exeter Mountain Bike Club

eviljoe
    Free Member

You can ride to East Hill from Honiton- it's pretty sucky at the mo, but a couple of good descents (and a steep climb!)

Burchy1
    Free Member

as Tim41 has said Haldon and Woodbury are the main ones, both easily accessable by bike from Exeter.

Train to Plymouth and ride back to Exeter across Dartmoor and Haldon is a good one in the summer.

Olly
    Free Member

Train to Plymouth and ride back to Exeter across Dartmoor and Haldon is a good one in the summer.

Ooo hadnt thought of that, that sounds like a great idea 🙂
    cheers all 🙂

surfdad
    Free Member

Olly – you lucky so and so, we've been trying to move from H'ton to Exeter for a year now 🙁

Should have posted up before! East Hill is good fun, and there's also some good trails around Blackbury Camp

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Riding from Exeter (EX1)’ is closed to new replies.