Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Riding Blog
  • cptspudgun
    Free Member

Hi guys,

Just wanting some feedback really.

I’m considering writing a riding blog. I’m 37 (middle aged) weekend warrior, trying to get back into riding after 5 months out, due to hypertension and shed loads of other stuff.

I’m planning on documenting my rise from the ashes to competing in some form of MTB challenge later this year. I’m going to try and raise money for our local hospice, where my Dad died last year.

Just seeing if anyone else had taken up the challenge of writing a blog before and could offer any pointers. I’m no writer, but I aim to try and make it as much fun as possible, seeing me morph from the 15stone blob to a slick riding machine.

May just finish me off!! Any encouragement welcome!!

mooman
    Free Member

Good luck getting fit. Best of luck raising as much money as you can for charity too.

But save your time writing a blog. Who to be fair, would you think will be the slightest bit interested?
    I can understand the celebrity blog thing .. just..

But a blog by Joe Blogs??

cptspudgun
    Free Member

You could be right! Maybe I have too much time on my hands.

scotroutes

You might get some ideas here: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/show-off-your-blog#post-5675675

Seems lots of folk (like me) write blogs for their own amusement 🙂

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I love writing my blog although to be fair it is in need of an update! I know that plenty of people visit the blog as people do point out when there hasnt been an update in a while!

witton weavers

Having just had my bike stolen I am currently more than a little mindful about leaving a ‘virtual footprint’ on my blog / strava / forums etc which can lead the thieving scumbags straight to my door…

poonprice
    Free Member

I don’t have a blog but I guess to get people interested you’d need to write about diet, training, rides and trail centres you’ve visited, product reviews and tutorials on stuff like bike maintenance etc..

Get yourself setup with WordPress and a nice theme and away you go. Don’t forget to add Google Analytics to track usage and maybe Google Ads to add some extra revenue for your charity.

cptspudgun
    Free Member

Thanks for the info guys.

Just sorted out a wordpress account right now. I’ll be trying to incorporate all of the above!

Its only just set up, but you can check out diaryofafatkid.co.uk

Cheers
    Stu

coastkid
    Free Member

Been blogging 6 years now. Same old, same old, not just fatbike stuff 😉
    Always something new to see or write about when out and about ; coastrider

Loads of good blogs out there to read, written by regular folks doing regular stuff and many are very interesting, scroll through the blog labels on my link for some good writers and photographers 🙂

crosshair
    Free Member

Cheers for the inspiration. Purely for my own satisfaction in re-living my rides etc, I’ve decided to publish my own blog
    Taming the Beast about my re-ignited passion for mtbing.

It is going to take me a while to transfer and edit all the stuff I’ve written elsewhere so if you like it, please check back regularly.

🙂

garage-dweller

1) 37 is emphatically NOT middle aged
    2) best of luck with the lifestyle stuff and the blog. I have similar sorts of goals this year although with slightly different focus.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Riding Blog’ is closed to new replies.