Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • rides near Ayr
  • Gilles

Hi,

I’m going to spend a few days near Ayr in Scotland. Any “must do” in the area? If not it’s going to be map studying.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Gilles

bionicwoman
    Free Member

the isle of arran just a nhop on the ferry from addrossan

stucol
    Free Member

Kirroughtree and Drumlanrig are just over an hours drive from Ayr.

Both well worth a visit.

Gilles

that’s great, thank you, I will explore all these.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

When are you coming up? I live in the town, could show you some cracking days, If I’m off.

mrmojo
    Free Member

Drumlanrig Castle less than an hour away .. well worth a visit.

Gilles

Thanks for all your inputs. Just missed your message Nobeer, pity as riding near Ayr is not great. I’ve been stopped by angry farmers (ok 2) and some paths on the map don’t really exist on the ground. Well I had great time doing a bit of the Southern Upland way, Kirroughtree, Galloway. I gave Isle of Arran a miss due to unsettled weather. Thanks again.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Drumlanrig must be around 30 minutes from Ayr and Dalbeattie not much further. There is nothing major in close proximity to Ayr. But go out the riverside path to Auchencruive, there is some nice riding there http://www.ayrshirepaths.org.uk/walkauchincruive.htm. There is also the River Ayr way, which is singletrack along the river for 40 odd miles if I remember rightly – last time I was on it the surface hadn’t bedded in very well. Some nice tracks above Sorn, Stair and Failford. And then there are the hill tracks above Patna/Muirkirk and the paths at Straiton and Galloway forest park.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘rides near Ayr’ is closed to new replies.