Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rides from Clapham Junction-London Virgin Content Sorry!
  • thepublican
    Free Member

Looks like I am going to be in Clapham at the weekends and want some info about riding easily accessed by train from Clapham Junction.

I am looking for xc singletrack type stuff rather than freeride…I ride a 94 kona you see…

thanks all..

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

You can be in Dorking for easy access to Peaslake, etc, in about 40 mins…

RickyRah
    Free Member

Get a train out to Dorking (from platform 11 I believe). They run every 30 minutes or so. Drops you on the doorstep of the Surrey Hills.

thepublican
    Free Member

thansk chaps…Much there? Looking for a good morning out rather than a quick blast?

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Surrey Hills + North Downs is probably best riding in S.E so plenty there.

Also can go clapham junction to martins heron then cycle round swinley forest.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

thepublican – Member
    thansk chaps…Much there? Looking for a good morning out rather than a quick blast?

Much there?! I’ll think you’ll find stuff for either a quick blast or all day singletrack.

vinnyeh

best to do a bit of research before you go or hook up with others else you could be wondering what it’s all about.

jhw
    Free Member

nirvana do weekend rides at 9am (confirm in advance) if you’re fast and can be arsed getting out of bed, or a bit later for more freeridey stuff

Eldrik
    Free Member

You can also ride at Swinley courtesy of regular trains to Martin’s Heron or Bracknell, if I remember rightly.

rootes1

SWT to Brookwood / Woking to get out to Tunnel Hill, Porridgepot, Frith etc

fast trains 19mins to Woking slow ones to Brookwood – 30-40mins

njee20
    Free Member

Or you could combine all of the above! A friend recently devised, and rode, a 110 mile route doing it all, about 99% off road, should keep you busy for a morning at least.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rides from Clapham Junction-London Virgin Content Sorry!’ is closed to new replies.