Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Richard Attenborough
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

Apparently has passed way. Knew he was suffering with poor health for some time. RIP.

Klunk
    Free Member

RIP Dickie.

Houns

I was only watching the great escape earlier tonight 🙁

R.I.P

Pigface
    Free Member

Sad news, the character he played in Brighton Rock was a real baddy. Fantastic lovey RIP

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Recently saw Brighton Rock at the cinema – what an amazing performance.
    RIP

rascal
    Free Member

🙁

Drac

British Legend.

RIP

butcher

Death is always sad, but that is a man who lived an incredible life.

jamj1974

Brilliant actor.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

That’s just it, a 90yr old man who had been ill for some time has died.
    Its sad for his family and friends & i offer my condolences, but the man lived a very successful life and won fame and plaudits for his talents.

His work will be watched for years to come and that is a form of immortality.

Thanks for the art Dickie.

slowoldman

Dickie, dead?

A great legacy.

Kuco

RIP 🙁

ElShalimo

He was a very Talented man.
    RIP

chipps

I met Dickie once – well, I was a bike messenger in London, riding home on a Friday night and a Rolls Royce with RA 111 drove past and I thought ‘Is that Dickie in the passenger seat?’ Wearing a bow tie? (On his way to a Royal Variety Performance, I found out later…)

Being London traffic, it was soon stopped on the Strand and I rode up and thought ‘It IS Dickie!’, so I got out my messenger clipboard and tapped on the window. He wound it down and I said ‘Excuse me, but could I get your autograph please?’
    ‘Of course, dear boy!’ he exclaimed and happily signed my grubby bit of paper. And then, being London traffic, I left them behind as I rode off.

Based on that one experience, I’d say he was a lovely, lovely, humble and cheerful man who appeared to have lived well.
    RIP sir!

CountZero

Celebrate a life well lived, he has taken his final curtain call. RIP, dear, dear Dicky. 🙂

batfink
    Free Member

very sad

Director of what is (in my mind) the best war film ever made, always reminds me of Sunday afternoons growing up

RIP dickie

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

A true gentleman. He will be missed.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Richard Attenborough’ is closed to new replies.