Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Revs left seal popping!
  • sheepshifter
    Free Member

After this happening for the third time , 3 seal change’s and service by lbs I’m beginning to think they must be faulty. Lost all my confidence in Rockshox , what’s going on ?

nickjb
    Free Member

I suspect they didn’t fix the problem each time you took them back. Sounds like a leak between the two chambers which a basic service won’t fix. Could be a warranty issue or just wear

LAT

Is the left side the spring side? If so, the air spring could be leaking into the lower leg increasing the pressure behind the seal as the forks move through their travel and popping out the seal.

tomhughes46

I had this issue on some 2010s. Scratched air spring tube, new tube sorted it.

sheepshifter
    Free Member

Time they went back to SRAM , lbs changed all the o-rings each time , could the internals have been machined incorrectly. What forks you guys using?

Northwind

Yep, underlying fault not fixed. On mine (2010 Teams) it was a damaged part inside the air spring- can’t recall exactly what but they didn’t spot it first time, did a full service, couple of weeks later they popped again.

I put a coil spring in those eventually, works really well. The air was good but at 5 years old and after one expensive rebuild I just decided to go low tech. Works really well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Revs left seal popping!’ is closed to new replies.