Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Revit training?
  • jools182
    Free Member

Been using AutoCAD for years, and I want to learn Revit

Problem is the courses I have looked at are all close to £1000 for 4 or 5 days training

Is there any other way to get some experience using it?

fionap

You could download a free 30 day trial and do loads of online videos etc?
    http://www.autodesk.co.uk/products/revit-family/free-trial

If it’s just you on your own using it you might as well have a look at Revit LT as it should be a bit lighter and you won’t miss the sharing functions:
    http://www.autodesk.co.uk/products/revit-lt/free-trial

cp

as above, free trial and then online tutorials.

There must be plenty of hooky ways of getting hold of a copy to learn.

donks
    Free Member

I went through just this about a year ago, looked at the structured training and it was too expensive for me so I opted to teach myself using YouTube/ the revit forums and a couple of downloads onto my iPad from infinite skills. It came together pretty quickly really and I got the basics down which is about all the training would have given me. I’ve been getting to grips with it ever since and am now reasonably proficient for someone who only uses it on a casual basis plus I’m no architect (MEP) is my thing but I’ve modelled up several buildings now that we are working on, either because the architect haven’t used revit on their plans or because they won’t release their model. Currently modelling a 60 bed care home we’re doing the M&E on.

I downloaded a free trial and activated using the “student” option, we have a trainee at work at college so it should be ok? We’ll be getting a full copy any time now though as we can’t open 2015 files from the architects (bloody autodesk).

I personally wouldn’t bother with the courses unless it’s paid for by another.

Revit LT was no good for me as there’s no MEP available but it may be ok if that’s not your discipline.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Revit training?’ is closed to new replies.