Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • reverb – warranty time ?
  • iainc

my Reverb is a bit over a yr old, and I bought it as part of a custom new build by LBS. It has developed clicking and sticking in it’s travel, along with a bit of increase in the play in the head. It hasn’t had a hard life by any means.

I’m not sure, going by the clicky sticky behaviour, that a service is the answer, so I’m presuming I should strip it off the bike and pop in into the shop that supplied it for a warranty repair ? Any experience of process, how long it takes etc ? I do have a fixed post that I kept for such occasions 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

My recent one took 4 weeks from bike-discount in Germany.

iainc

ok, hoping quicker being a UK one hopefully ….

muddy9mtb

sram reverbs have a 2 year warranty (as do most of their components). take it back to the bike shop who will sort this out, if it’s a warranty return mine took about 2 to 3 weeks to sort.

iainc

thanks muddy, yes it is a sram one, so will do it that way, cheers

deadkenny
    Free Member

You can take it to the shop you bought it or apparently any authorised dealer and they’ll just send it to Fisher. That’s if you’re uk based that is.

However, one thing with the play, have you checked the air pressure is 250psi? It must be that, no more, no less. I find after some time it needs a pump up, and it sorts out the play and any slow return. I had sticking after alps trip last year but it went away with a few rides. I also give the seal a good wipe when it’s cruddy, stick some shock oil around it and cycle it a few times.

iainc

thanks, yes, pressure is fine, it seems to be clicky and almost jamming in sections on way up and down, so something astray inside. The clamp is nice and loose too (Thomson at 2.8Nm torque)

hammyuk
    Free Member

Just don’t use CRC… still waiting on mine…

iainc

hah, no thankfully bought from LBS so should be straightforward. Hopefully either simple repair or replacement. Will have to get used to a fixed post again for a few weeks 🙂

variflex
    Free Member

Funnily enough one of mine has about 5mm of downward bounce when I sit on it hard enough when static. Thought it needed a bleed so just did that and found the pressure to be about 160 so pumped it back to 250. Return is nice and quick now, but what was more worrying was the fluid coming out of the air bleed valve…..Im guessing it needs a service. It is a few months over 2 years old which is a shame.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘reverb – warranty time ?’ is closed to new replies.