Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Reverb poppet valve
  • extremenik
    Free Member

I have all the correct tools to service and have serviced them before, but i have been asked to look at one forone of my riding buddies.

It has no play but when sat on it very slowly drops, i would say 1 mm a minute, i have bleed the hose and it functions fully, i suggest the poppet valve needs the seals changing. Has anyone tried taking it out while fixed to the bike and re sealed with any success.

Cheers nick

swanny853

How far does it drop? Have you serviced the internals I.e. an internal bleed?

I think I read somewhere you can bleed the internals without fully disassembling the post by removing the poppet, slowly filling with fluid and then using the tool to pull the right amount out. Haven’t tried it myself though.

extremenik
    Free Member

to set the theme the friend is very tight. While i have a full service kit in my tool box, he asked me to look at it as it was dropping, foolish i know, but i never checked and presumed it was the normal IFP oil level and so dropped the lower seal head of and set the height.
    Put it in my stand and it had no dropping issue, when tried by hand. As soon as he took it back he fitted it and said it was slowly dropping. We went for a ride to cannock and after each section he showed me that when weighted it lowered a bit.

I know it was the original silver collar ones as it was mine 2 years ago, and i have read that they are known for this issue. If i take it to pieces fully i wont put it together without new seal kit. That means £40 to him.

cchris2lou

You can change the seal easily, take the saddle off and open the post from the top.
    It might come out with a bang.change the o ring. Add some fluid with a serynge and if you have the proper tool, set the fluid level. Put the valve back and bleed the remote.
    But it might be leaking at the ifp and it is more complex and expensive to fix.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Reverb poppet valve’ is closed to new replies.