Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reverb – Limiting the height?
  • tubthumped
    Free Member

Does anybody know if it’s possible to limit the height a reverb extends upwards?

I know you can use tie wraps or something along those lines to limit it’s upward travel be basically teathering it to the frame/clamp.

Has anyone actually stripped one and shimmed it internally?

Looking to add one to a bike where the 100mm would be perfect, but they don’t do a stealth 100mm in the diameter needed.

RicB

I spent ages looking into this and concluded no, it isn’t possible (mines a standard reverb tho). You’d need custom spacers under the seal head

I only needed 5mm less tho- managed to solve that one with a different saddle!

Can you not use a seatpost shim?

deadkenny
    Free Member

There’s a travel limiter, but does that just limit how far it can go down rather than height up?

http://ride.io/forum/index.php?topic=257213.0

yorkshire89
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah tie a bit of sting on….

No not really I think they might do OEM 100mm Stealth (think I’ve seen one) http://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/reverb-stealth
    and RS agree with me

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Isn’t that what the enduro collar does?

That limits the drop not the raise.

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

What diameter? G/F has an OEM one on a new bike that could potentially swap as she wants a longer one…

tubthumped
    Free Member

It’s a 31.6.

Mike – we thought they did one too but after a couple of orders and a few phone calls it appears they don’t do a 31.6 100mm stealth.

After quite a bit of head scratching in the workshop it was decided a shim could be made, but it would void any warranty and wouldn’t be worth it.
    In the end I’ve bit the bullet and gone external and stopped being such a tart. lol
    Thanks for your input though!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reverb – Limiting the height?’ is closed to new replies.