Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • reverb faults
  • pondy
    Free Member

Have a 2012 reverb. Very low use and fitted with carbon paste with the clamp just enough to stop the post slipping in frame. If left for a while will not drop unless you really push on it, my 13 stone arse is not heavy enough! After that its fine. After it drops about an inch there is a notch in the travel you can feel if you push it down by hand. Rest of travel is very smooth?

shinsplints

They are sh**
    That’s whats wrong with it

pondy
    Free Member

I told the post it was shit, didn’t work and its still broken

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Who did you buy it from? Call them…

pondy
    Free Member

Was a crc one. I know it not dropping the the morning is a fault but the notch at the start of the travel? Is that normal? Out of all the reverb owners on here one of them could check there’s and see what its like

althepal

There’s a wee moment of hesitation in mine before it starts to drop but nothing like a notch.

zelak999
    Free Member

Send it to SRAM via your lbs.
    They will sort it out under warranty.
    Easier than messing with it yourself.

boltonjon

Sram’s customer support for my Reverb issues have been great

2 replacements, no questioned asked, in 19 months

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I keep wanting to buy a reverb but the amount of failures seems incredibly high.

I don’t know anyone who has one that hasn’t gone back.

Jeffus
    Free Member

there great had mine nearly two years had an inital fault went back fixed and back in 3 days awesome service, never gliched again til I tried to do a service my self which was ok til I pulled a part out that the video said Don’t remove this 😳 LBS sent it back for me it was sorted as a good will again awesome service, and again only took a few days even with all the snow.
    I’m going to get another to replace my old KS900 dropper which again has been great, nearly 3 years old, its a lay back and I would prefer an in line again , so saving for a Reverb.
    Mine is ridden 3-4 times a week in all weathers, and I use it like I would my gears or brakes , 😀

I’ve said ” again” to many times sorry

gsp1984
    Free Member

Mine lasted all of 6 month before it failed and the stanchion wore through.

Sent it back to fisher who replaced everything and sent it back like new… They said it was my fault and that I needed to service it more (6months use bear in mind!!!)

I pointed out there was nothing in the manual about service intervals, and asked if they could please advise… They didn’t, and I sold it shortly after whilst it was still brand new.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Never serviced mine til the other week , when I messed it up by removing the wrong part , all went back together fine just would go all the way down, I needed a special tool , I wipe the shaft with chain lube same as i do fork and shock before each ride, mine had developed play, so I replaced the bushing and seals and its fine now.kit was about £6 ….
    if I can buy the tools for setting up the IPF bush I will be able to sort it next time.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

I have 2 they are both still working!

zangolin
    Free Member

Have you got the seat post clamp to tight? Worth a check with torque wrench?
    Is the inside of the seat tube worn from moving a fixed post up and down? if it is it may affect how well the seat clamp is working on the Reverb.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Send it to SRAM via your lbsCRC.

pondy
    Free Member

Cheers guys have sent it back. Going to sell it when it returns. Its a cool bit of kit but overkil for my riding. How much do these usually make second hand?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘reverb faults’ is closed to new replies.