Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reverb change in total length
  • mjsmke

So i need i new post for a new bike and want a Reverb to match my other bike. The thing is my old Reverb Stealth (125mm drop) has a total length of 380mm but the new ones are 390mm. My issue is i need the post all the way in the seat tube so the new one will be 1cm too high.

Are there any tricks around this or will i have to go for a 100mm drop Reverb which has a total length of 340mm?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Are there any tricks around this

buy an old one?

mjsmke

If i could find one unused i would

hypnonewt
    Free Member

e-bay would be your best bet look for old unused stock. But usually they ask for the same price as the new ones.

tomhoward

Lower profile saddle/taller pedals/thicker soles/shorter cranks?

Do they still do a 100mm drop one?

darrenspink
    Free Member

What seatpost diameter? Have you just googled ‘reverb stealth 380’ ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reverb-Stealth-Drop-31-6-Long/dp/B019OX7RV8

mjsmke

What seatpost diameter? Have you just googled ‘reverb stealth 380’ ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reverb-Stealth-Drop-31-6-Long/dp/B019OX7RV8

Thats up for £349! Most places are between £230 and £250

I need 30.9.

peaslaker
    Free Member

The length increase is all in the outer tube. If the seat tube will cope with another 10mm insertion, the saddle height will be the same

mjsmke

The length increase is all in the outer tube. If the seat tube will cope with another 10mm insertion, the saddle height will be the same

Thats my problem. Due to the design of the seat tube I can’t fit any more in the frame.

I guess my best option is to find a saddle with a lower profile?

darrenspink
    Free Member
    mjsmke

Thanks! I’ll have a look when i get home and another measure of my frame. I noticed last night my road bike seat height (from pedals) is 2cm more than my MTB’s so i might just get away with an extra 1cm.

Another quick question before I buy one. I’m planning on buying it in 30.9 and using a long shim so I can swap it between bikes. I’ve read using long shims is fine and I do only weigh 9 stone. I am tempted though to just buy it in 31.6 but I’ll be kicking myself if (when) I plan a big ride or weekend away on my full sus and the reverb on that breaks and I cant swap them over.

Does this sound sensible or am i just be silly? I’m prepared for sarcastic comments…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reverb change in total length’ is closed to new replies.