Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Revelation set up tips?
  • sherry
    Free Member

I have just bought the new Rock Shox Revelation 09 140mm forks. Any tips in setting up for a 210lb rider.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Yes!

Ignore everything RS recommend

Google is your friend

sherry
    Free Member

Cheers but I still need to know where to look! Its the dual air, motion control with maxel forks. Any tips will be much appreciated.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

I'm no expert but I take off around 20% of the recommendation on the back of the forks. I'm a similar weight and I think I run around 130 psi in the top and around 120 in the bottom. Works for me, but as I say, I just tried it and it worked!

sherry
    Free Member

I read online that setting up the sag only with the positive air chamber and keeping the negative chamber empty helps to tune it better. Once the sag is set fill the negative air chamber until the fork starts to pull down and this will give a nice and plush ride. I will give it a try and post the results.

Rickos
    Free Member

TF Tuned recommend winding the MoCo onto full on and then put 5 to 10psi more in the -ve chamber than the +ve chamber. That way you get a fork that doesn't dive as much, but is still quite supple on the small bumps.

sherry
    Free Member

I tried putting the air in the negative chamber until the fork pulls down and works ok until you try to adjust the rebound! The rebound can not be adjusted to go fast enough due to the negative pressure. Currently running 90+/80-psi at the moment and its reasonable with good damping adjustment, still needs some tweaking though. I went off a 3ft drop and they still didnt bottom out. I weigh around 215/220lb and the Rock shox suggest 150psi in both chambers, they are way out on their recommendations. Will up date with any findings.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Revelation set up tips?’ is closed to new replies.