Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Retro motors being ruined…
  • gonzy
    Free Member

you might want to avert your eyes for some of these….

[video]https://youtu.be/xgFDsrqeToE[/video]

GrahamS

I take it they don’t have a lot of speed bumps in Japan?

toppers3933
    Free Member

I don’t understand. What…? Why…? Who…? Eh…!

wwaswas

They fear no speed hump

gonzy
    Free Member

Bosozoku cars…translates to “running out of control” or “violent running tribe”….basically just go mad with the manga styling to fit in with the crowd

mrchrispy

how the **** can they be allowed on the road?
    I thought the Japs were mad for their rules

gonzy
    Free Member

i’m more surprised by the shoddy workmanship on some of those cars. if you look closely before your eyeballs explode you’ll notice that the flared wheel arches on a lot of the cars arent actually welded and filled like normal to give a smooth finish. they look loose and appear to have been riveted on or tack welded…maybe so that if they do hit a speed bump then only the offending part gets ripped off instead of the whole wing etc…

some nice retro jap cars have been bastardised in a very bad way….makes me feel sad

Northwind

I love these things tbh, I really don’t understand it but that’s half the point. Pretty much all car cultures are great, passion runs to madness…

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

A parade of shite! And not only that all their accelerator pedals seem to be stuck on at maximum revs!

Pigface
    Free Member

Northwind +1

tomhoward

A little is good, more must be better…

robdob
    Free Member

Well I suppose if you don’t understand something or someone it’s best to rubbish it or the people doing it, yes? 🙄

trail_rat
    Free Member

Could be worse could be one of them individually modified transporters you see at trail centres which the owners all think are individual but which actually all look the same sporting silly bonnet bras and a set of under rated car alloys

squirrelking
    Free Member

As far as legality goes IIRC most of the mods are completely illegal. The 6′ tail pipes for instance. But for the annual licence check the car needs to be in standard (or close to) condition, only at that point, afterwards you can pretty much do as you please. The shoddy work being referred to is part of the look, it’s their version of the rat look.

But yeah, proper Boso are more of an outlaw motorbike outfit, pretty imperial right wing and prone to just doing as they please and to hell with consequences. Original Midnight Club street races allegedly got shut down after some Bosos challenged a racer and the ensuing race ended with fatalities.

shermer75
    Free Member

What’s with the hoses running into the radiator grill?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Looks like ac condenser.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh crap. I agree with Northwind.

🙁

🙂

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Oil cooler ?

retro83
    Free Member

gonzy – Member

you’ll notice that the flared wheel arches on a lot of the cars arent actually welded and filled like normal to give a smooth finish. they look loose and appear to have been riveted on or tack welded..

Not unusual to use rivets to fit arch extensions.

shermer75 – Member

What’s with the hoses running into the radiator grill?

Intercooler, although some cars are non-turbo 😆

davosaurusrex

My 5 year old boy would think they are the coolest cars ever. The 41 year old part of me thinks they look stupid but the 5 year old part agrees with the boy.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Hoses are for an oil cooler fitted outside the front grill for maximum chance of stone damage or hose wearing out on the road judging by the amount of excess hose.
    It’s a bit like seeing how big a hole you can get in your ear lobe….. Makes perfect sense if you are part of the “scene”. Makes them look a complete cock socket if you are not.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I can’t get all riled about what some people in Japan choose to do to their cars.

They look ridiculous, but that seems to be the point.

ctk
    Free Member

Love. Tempted to wake my car mad 4-y-o to watch it.

pictonroad

Intercooler, although some cars are non-turbo

Whoops, attempt to mock fail.

sharkattack

“Hi Marge, we’re freakin’ out squares.”

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Retro motors being ruined…’ is closed to new replies.