• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by aP.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Retro Content – canti brake pads/cartridges for 1992 Kona
  • ourmaninthenorth

Right then, before I grow a beard and go an register myself at retrobike, I need some help on canti brake pads/cartridges.

I use my old 1992 Kona Lava Dome as an occasional SS flatland fun thing. But, the time has come to relace the appaling canti pads.

So, got any recommendations for canti pads or cartridges to use in my old Shimano cant brakes?

Yes, I know cantis are a PITA to set up, don’t work as well as discs or at all in the wet, but they’re what the bike has and that’s it..!

Bike in question:

jonathan
    Free Member

Threaded or post style pads? Can’t see from that pic.

I’d recommend some Koolstop dual compound ones. ‘Cross suppliers will have a reasonable range – like Zepnat:
    http://www.zepnat.com/component/option,com_virtuemart/page,shop.browse/category_id,40/Itemid,48/

ourmaninthenorth

Post mount (not that retro..!).

Cheers – forgot about Zepnat.

oxym0r0n

+1 on koolstops –> I remember replacing the standard pads on my ’96 LX fairly soon with those to get a less “wooden” feel…

AlexSimon
    aP
    Free Member

Cantilever cartridge brakes+pads are avaliable at most bike shops. Except for cyclesurgery who also stock swisstop green cartridge brake pads…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Retro Content – canti brake pads/cartridges for 1992 Kona’ is closed to new replies.