Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Reselling gig tickets
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

Bought two tickets to see Clean Bandit at Alexandra Palace from Gigsandtours.com, which I can no longer go to. Can’t cancel them or get a refund.

What’s the deal with selling them on – legal or not? I would sell them for the price I sold them. Both tickets have my surname (in small writing) – would that be checked at the venue?

Ta,
    Duane.

alanl
    Free Member

Will it sell out?
    If so, then you may have a chance of getting rid of them, if they wont sell out, then you’ll be lucky to get rid.
    I had 2 tickets last year for a show, couldnt give them away, even though there were no seats in advance (some seats were available on the night, but pot luck if you got one)

I put them on 2 ticket sites, but no interest at all. I was going to try ebay, but some condition there put me off. Looking at the ‘spare ticket’ sites, they look a minefield, and I’d be quite reluctant to buy from most of them.
    Ask around friends etc is the best option.

Duane…
    Free Member

Yup, tickets are sold out. People are selling tickets to the same gig on Gumtree.

Google reveals it is only illegal to resell football tickets – concert/gig tickets are OK.

Guess question now is whether they will check the name on the tickets?

Northwind

Not often. Sometimes for really high profile gigs. Ebay don’t sell concert tickets anymore on the main site but there’s getmein, stubhub etc. Getmein is ticketmaster getting tired of seeing touts profit and getting in on the action themselves, the shitebags.

Gumtree and fan forums would be a good place to start, if you’ve got time

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

So long as it’s at Face value there is no real issue. You won’t go to jail. IANAL..

fionap

They won’t check the name on the tickets. Generally the only time that happens is if you’re collecting them from the box office.

Since the demise of ScarletMist, Gumtree is probably your best option for selling them on – that or Twitter. Just make sure you meet in person if possible or don’t post them out until you’ve got the money in your bank account.

Duane…
    Free Member

Sold, paid for, and posted within 4 hours of putting them on Gumtree 🙂

Cheers all.

CountZero

Well done, glad you managed to sell them. As a rule, I don’t think there’s any issue with selling tickets, if there’s a genuine reason for selling them, but when people snap up the maximum number they can buy, and suddenly loads are appearing on various site for extravagant mark-ups, then it’s reasonable for genuine fans to get really pissed off.
    I’ve logged onto tickets sites in advance of the selling time, and found all available tickets sold out after ten minutes, having been totally unable to even get onto the selling section.
    Unless the tickets are actually named, as with the Kate a Bush ones, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Lifer
    Free Member

Face value is fine.

Scarlet mist had a great idea, but tuesdays took the piss.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Reselling gig tickets’ is closed to new replies.