Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replacement parts .. 2010 Lapierre Zesty 314
  • mick2409
    Free Member

Hi,

My first post so hopefully I don’t break any forum rules ..

Need a bit of help – unfortunately, I’ve had the front fork and rear shock (along with bars, stem and brake levers..!) stolen from my much loved 2010 Zesty 314 (they didn’t get through the D-lock however I was stupid and didn’t lock the fork to the frame).

I’m trying to source replacements parts (good quality but not too expensive given the age of the frame). Can anyone suggest a viable replacement fork (140mm, straight 1 1/8″ steerer) as most of what I’m finding are all tapered.

Cheers for any help in advance!

honourablegeorge

If I remember right, the 2010 Zesty has a 44mm headtube so tapered forks may well be OK with it, just needs a change of lower headset.

timmys

If I remember right, the 2010 Zesty has a 44mm headtube so tapered forks may well be OK with it, just needs a change of lower headset.

True dat.

I’ve got a tapered fork in my 2009 Zesty.

eskimonumber1

I stuck some straight 150mm Revs on my 2010 frame no worries, last time I checked Merlin had a Rockshox deal on too.

mick2409
    Free Member

Thanks all, going to investigate both options a bit further.
    Eskimonumber1 – how have you found the 150mm Rev compared to the 140mm Float?

Mbnut
    Free Member

@ Timmys

Bit of a light bulb moment… so you are running a tapered fork in your 09… what headset are you using.

Thanks

Apologies for thread hi jack.

cashback

can i jump on the thread hijack as well. My mate has a 2010 714 zesty with knackered straight steerer and he is struggling to find a decent replacement fork. he has a hope headset in there at the moment, is it just a question of replacing the bottom cup and bearings? if so, what with?
    cheers

honourablegeorge
    eskimonumber1

I really like the Revs, a lot stiffer than my old Fox floats and more than adequate for all my riding.

Faultless on a couple of Alps trips.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Thread resurrection….! I’m guessing fitting an external lower cup will have the effect of slacking out the head angle slightly?

honourablegeorge

Ashy – Member
    Thread resurrection….! I’m guessing fitting an external lower cup will have the effect of slacking out the head angle slightly?

Half a degree or so, and a little raise of the BB

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Hmmm, thanks for that. I guess the axle to crown height then becomes important. If the replacement fork is shorter, axle to crown, than the existing then this would be offset and there’d be no increase.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Replacement parts .. 2010 Lapierre Zesty 314’ is closed to new replies.