Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replacement Batteries for Exposure Lights
  • mark381
    Free Member

Looking around at new lights, currently quite like the exposure lights and their compact all in one design with battery fitted inside the lamp itself. My only concern with this as opposed to normal designs with external batteries like my current Lumicycles, is that when the batteries become degraded over time how easy would they be to replace and what would be the cost?
    How do you open up the Exposure lights, does the body unscrew just behind the lamp like a normal torch? I know you are not meant to dissassemble them as it will void the warranty.
    Regards
    Mark

trail_rat
    Free Member

you just send it back to the guys at exposure and they replace them for very good prices

namastebuzz
    Free Member

The batteries seem to last a while – the older of my 2 Exposure lights is 3yrs old and going fine.

Their service dept is top notch too.

By the time your battery runs out there’ll be something better on the market so you’ll probably never change it.

woffle
    Free Member

I got Smudge to knock me up a piggy-back battery for my Maxx-D – just plugged into the back, was simpler, cheaper (and a WHOLE lot quicker) than going to Exposure themselves. My first and second Maxx-D’s both failed within a few months and turn-around from their customer services was too poor to go through again (2 weeks + of daily chasing and broken promises “yes, it’s in the post” / “oh, sorry forgot” etc – each time not good enough when you’re then faced with borrowing lights for a 3 hour daily commute).

I’ve gone with a Trout Liberator instead as my main light has a lot of use and external batteries will save me money in the long run / outweigh the hassle of a battery bag.

(that said, my Enduro Maxx which is older than my Maxx-D was but has seen less use / fewer charging cycles, has run-times not far off new)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Replacement Batteries for Exposure Lights’ is closed to new replies.