Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replace Triad/Brain on 2011 Stumpjumper Elite with RP23
  • drookitmunter
    Free Member

I’m looking to replace my Triad/Brain shock with an RP23. However the connection to the linkage appears to be different:

I’ve spoken to various people including tuning companies and Specialized and the only definitive answer I can get is from Specialized who agree that the fitting is unique and that I can buy a non-Kasima 2011 RP23 from them (from the Stumpy Evo) for £369.

I’d rather buy a standard one, probably second hand but I guess I’ll need a new linkage.

Does anyone have any experience of doing this? I’ve seen a couple threads on here, and on other forums but found no concrete information. I just want to know exactly what I need to do/buy to decide if this is feasible.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

stumpy01

I am not 100% sure, but I don’t think it can be done – short of the suggestion of buying a RP23 from a Stumpy Evo.

Quite a few people have commented that they wouldn’t choose the Stumpjumper for this very reason (tied into a particular shock).

Have you given Mojo a ring?

drookitmunter
    Free Member

Haven’t tried Mojo. I’ll give them a call. I’ve spoken to TF Tuned, Specialized and Betd.

Cheers!

bigyinn
    Free Member

At a guess, you can probably reuse the existing shock shaft from the Triad on the RP23, as the guta will be similar, but you’d still need to buy a whole RP23. Assuming the shaft length is similar to an off the shelf size.
    But you’ll need to get Mojo or Loco to to he swap which will probably require a strip and swap of the damping assembly which will add around £70ish to the cost of the shock.
    Or send the Triad away to get pushed or tuned?

drookitmunter
    Free Member

Cheers Bigyin. Looks like it’s going to be more cost effective to just punt the Stumpy at a loss and pick up a more suitable alternative off eBay.

I was browsing the Canyon outlet. Some crazy bargains on the Torque.

My missus probably doesn’t agree that I *need* a new bike, so we have to just fill her head with ideas about how dangerous our Alps trip in July would be on my Stumpy!! (which is nonsense of course)

drookitmunter
    Free Member

Actually I think I’m confusing you with another “yin”. Are you the same Bigyin that’s coming on the SummitDown trip?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Sadly I have an additional ‘n’ so its not me on the trip im afraid, your loss I can assure you!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Replace Triad/Brain on 2011 Stumpjumper Elite with RP23’ is closed to new replies.