Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replace garage lighting with what…?
  • thorpey0
    Free Member

I have 4′ Fluorescent lamps in my garage in 2 x 2 set up. I would like to replace these with lights that come on immediately and are brighter. How easy is it to retrofit LED into a Fluro set up or does anyone have a better solution?

Cheers

rossburton
    Free Member

You can get nice bright LED panels that are about a foot square, they’ll probably give a more even light that would be good if you use the garage as a workshop?

GeForceJunky

I have recently refitted my garage with 1200mm 36W LED strip lights, £12.5ish each from ebay. Removed the old lights and used the existing wiring. They are very flimsy quality, but very easy to fit, superb bright light evenly spread and instant turn on.

I replaced 3x100w (6′ maybe) fluros with 5 LEDs.

This style:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182236817813?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Gary_M
    Free Member

I fitted 2 led floodlights in my garage controlled by pir. It’s ideal, I open the garage door and the lights come on. I also have 3 pendant celing lights if I ever need more light. These ones from led hut.

phiiiiil

Screwfix do loads of direct replacement LED tubes; swap the tube and the starter (dummy starters are included) and job done. I put two in my garage; in terms of equivalent wattage they aren’t as bright as the tubes they replaced, but actually they’re brighter, they don’t buzz, they come on instantly even when it’s cold and because they’re made of plastic you can whack them with the ladder and they don’t break.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Replace garage lighting with what…?’ is closed to new replies.