Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Repairing a torn arse on a pair of shorts…
  • vincienup
    Free Member

Shorts were fairly new but I fell into a bramble bush and there’s a neat along and up tear in the rear now, roughly in the middle, maybe just over am inch in either direction.

How would I go about any possible repair? Stitching might seem obvious but I’m not sure the material would like it (RF Canucks). Pretty sure anything iron on is a no no as I suspect they’d melt…

flowerpower
    Free Member

Not sure as I don’t know the material… but the iron on stuff is usually okay, you can iron on a low heat over a damp cloth, so not applying the iron directly to the shorts fabric…

ashweee
    Free Member

I took my intrepid apparel shorts to my local timpsons, they sent them away for repair, think it cost about £4 and they came back as good as new.

jemima
    Free Member

Give them to my mam with an old pair of snowboard trousers 🙂

ayahuasca
    Free Member

I second the iron-on patch treatment. I’ve a pair of Madison shorts which, at the time of the crash, were only a couple of weeks old. I had a slide out on ice which ripped a roughly 10cm gash in the arse of the shorts. After using an iron-on patch, the rip is all but invisible. A quid or so from ebay – you get a strip of about a metre. Given that the first treatment lasted six months, I’d say that’s damned good value.

vincienup
    Free Member

Cheers guys! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Repairing a torn arse on a pair of shorts…’ is closed to new replies.