Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Renthal lock ons: Anyone gone from rogues or oury to these?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

I usually use fairly big grips like Odi Rogue,Oury,Sunline etc but I’m hearing good things about Renthals and they would match the rest of my bike. How do they compare, am I likely to find them too skinny?

Kryton57

Yep – I have ODI’s on my FS and Renthal Kevlar’s on my HT.

Renthals are thinner but not as thing as Superstar grips. Renthal Kevler grips though are damn grippy… the grippiest I’ve used more so than the ODI’s.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Sounds like they are worth a go then, shame about the colours though!

Northwind

My renthals are slip-on rather than lockon, I use those on some bikes and Rogues on some others. TBH they’re pretty different, both really good but I’ll be going back to Rogues on the rigid as the Renthals just don’t come close on comfort/squidge. Not sure about the others- ESI seems better than the Renthals on my Hemlock, Rogues definitely staying on the DH bike.

Kryton57

Bagstard – Member
    Sounds like they are worth a go then, shame about the colours though!

I dunno, I dont have pics but mine are on a Ti frame / black everything else and I think they look quite good – certainly better in the flesh.

Northwind my ODI’s are old / worn but I found they hardened up. Just saying, but I agree less squidge from new from the Renthals. In comparison they are thicker and more comfy than the superstar ones they replaced.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Renthal lock ons: Anyone gone from rogues or oury to these?’ is closed to new replies.