Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Renthal fatbars lite
  • christof
    Free Member

Tell me what you think of these and where can I get them cheap!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

I ordered some yesterday, due today, but couldn’t find them cheap anywhere. Mine were £50 off ebay. 30mm rise version.

paulevans
    Free Member

Loving mine. Nice and wide, good bend to them and great finish. For many, many years now i’ve alsways had carbon bars, but i have no regrets over these at all.

rocketman
    Free Member

If your lbs has an account with Ison they can get anything Renthal – bars, grips, chain rings, stems etc

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have nothing to add other than that I really want some Renthal bars for my FS.

fathomer

You can get them for about £54 online. I’m currently trying to decide between these and spunking nearly double on some carbon Havocs.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

why didn’t they produce the original fatbar at 100g less, . . . they really must be kicking themselves . . . all that handlebar experience too , . . . .shocking!
    🙂

greeble
    Free Member

why didn’t they produce the original fatbar at 100g less, . . . they really must be kicking themselves . . . all that handlebar experience too , . . . .shocking!

100g lighter because they are 30mm narrower.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

100g lighter because they are 30mm narrower.

350mm width bars are the way forward, imagine the lines between the tight tree’s you’ll be able to take, at an all in weight of less that 100g!!

revolutionary – Scarylight bar

I_Ache
    Free Member

Its not just the chopping the ends off that makes them lighter. The lite ones have thinner walls because they don’t need to support the extra leverage and abuse that wider bars exert.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I really want some too, despite thinking that the colour and graphics are awful, but all the pro’s who can do massive whips and Scandinavian flicks into every corner have them so naturally I want them too 🙁

stu1972
    Free Member

Just bought some this afternoon from ActionSports.

£51.00 or thereabouts.

These are going to be sweet on my Turner Flux.

As for the colour, they ain’t bad. Got the original fatbars on a Scott and they match the Boxxer stanchions nicely.

rOcKeTdOg

Got mine from tweeks

68/297 10/3/13 raising the bar by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

passtherizla
    Free Member

I_Ache – Member
    I have nothing to add other than that I really want some Renthal bars for my FS.
    POSTED 3 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Me too.

christof
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, I just ordered a set from tweek!

Euro
    Free Member

I find it hard to imagine what 100g looks like, so i went into kitchen and found a boxes of oxo and knorr stock cubes. It’s about the same a 16 cubes which feels like a considerable amount in your hand. In future could we adopt this point of reference for any weight saving parts?

shinsplints

Rubbish colour

mrbump
    Free Member

they should have made them 750mm. i always reference 100grams as 5 slices of bernard matthews turkey.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I love the colour. Matches my fork stanchions perfectly.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Aren’t FB Lite 740mm?

rOcKeTdOg

Yes

hora
    Free Member

When you get bored of them. Sell to me. Ta. 50quid? Mad. Merlin knocking out Havocs for 30-odd

rob-jackson
    Free Member

hora – fancy carbon havocs for £60? in brilliant condition

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

There are some fatbars in the classified now at £37.50 i’ve seen the pics and they are great condition and 20mm rise. I needed 30mm or i would have taken them.

Cut to 720mm so weight will be reduced.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-renthal-fatbar-thomson-272-black-seatpost-both-vgc

stu1972
    Free Member

There are some fatbars in the classified now

Sigh (checks order status)

hora
    Free Member

Hi Rob any pics etc??

hora
    Free Member

Stu those are cutdown tho. I say try 740mm first

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah cut to 720 those.

I think the 740 lites I’ve bought will get trimmed down.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

hora – will do some but they are on my muddy bike in the shed and its snowing like ****!

stu1972
    Free Member

Hora – agreed.

They can always be trimmed down if needed

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Mine turned up today. They feel really light and great quality. I love the colour too.

stevede
    Free Member

Rob Jackson – If hora doesn’t want the carbon havocs I’ll definately take them, email in profile.
    Cheers,
    Steve

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Boom just got a set off ebay for £47

Euro
    Free Member

Wouldn’t mind seeing a few more pics of you bars Mosey. Maybe a couple of just the bag they came in and a close up of the little punched out holes for hanging them up in the shop.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

No problem mate here you go:-

stevestunts
    Free Member

Zing!

Euro
    Free Member

Good man 😆

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Couldn’t resist mate 🙂

Euro
    Free Member

Well, i did ask for it.

I’ve always trusted Renthal products from when I rode bmx – really tough gear. I’ve the standard Fatbar on my fs and a set of Jumpbars on the DJ bike, both very nice. They just need to make a seatpost in a matching gold colour.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah these are my first Renthal product after looking at them for a long time.

Really like the rise and sweep so gonna stuck some on the LT hardtail too.

Seat post would be nice actually.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Renthal fatbars lite’ is closed to new replies.