Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • renault traffic van possible conversion questions
  • karnali
    Free Member

So i stopped to look at an estate car and the garage had a 10 plate renault traffic in, one owner, 150k 115 model. Been used to ferry books between cumbria an london, 2 single front seats, no bulkhead 2 sliding doors and half glass rear. very well kept inside. so markings to indicate its had a hard life.

So got me thinking

How much would it cost to fit a rock n roll seat either new or 2nd hand and glass into the 2 sliding doors, and also I assume then some insulation and ply to the inside to make a simple but use able van for the family of 4? Van is priced at 3495 so no idea if its a good price or with that mileage if its better to stay well clear??

thanks

PJ266
    Free Member

I know people who have had good experiences… but, theres always a but 😀 I would stay away from the Vivaro/Trafic/Primastar.

Gearbox and clutch are weak points and cost a pretty penny when they do go wrong. On the plus side they dont rust.

Whenever I see one on the road it gives me flashbacks.

nickdavies

Price is easy, look at eBay etc and see – doesn’t sound too bad to me. If it was a t5 it would be 10k for that age and mileage with a decent spec.

Re. The conversion you can put windows in from about £200 depending on opening or not, insulation and ply line, carpet approx £500 in materials and tools. Add another £500 if you don’t want to fit those two yourself. R&R bed depends if you want it crash tested or not. From about £600 for the bed, but you’ll pay 2.5k upwards for a decent crash tested one. Add £300 or so for fitting. Second hand ones tend to be about £1200 up for crash tested but bear in mind that you can’t just chop one out of a particular van and stick it in another – the mounting points differ between vans and it’s a lot easier to pick up t4/t5 beds but no idea if they’ll fit in a vivaro safely.

simmy
    Free Member

Price is spot on for age and mileage.

Like has been said, side windows in the doors are about £200 – £300 for the pair. I paid £120 cash for a window in my sliding door.

For an idea of insulation etc, there have been some good threads on here recently to get ideas from.

The single front seat is pretty rare compared to the usual double and is ideal for the conversion as you can squeeze through to the cab if you need to which you can’t with a double.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘renault traffic van possible conversion questions’ is closed to new replies.