Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Remember my mate who had both cars nicked……..
  • renton
    Free Member

He has just had a call from the police saying thethey have let the bloke who nicked it go due to lack of evidence.

The car was found outside of his house ffs.

Apparently said car said theif is also due around 10k compo for being on a tag for the last 6 months.

What the f@#k is wrong with this country.

jam-bo

So if I park a nicked car outside your house does that mean you nicked it?

renton
    Free Member

Depends jambo. Are you part of an organised group that are known to the police for stealing cars and have previous.

jam-bo

Rumbled. I’ll move the car.

renton
    Free Member

I will also pass on your thoughts to my mate who is now a nervous wreck in his own home.

FFS …….this place sometimes.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

Can’t see much wrong with a country that requires a reasonable level of evidence to prove someone’s guilt.

It’s frustrating sometimes, but I’d rather live in a country like that than one which presumes guilt solely on the basis of previous history and circumstantial evidence.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Police spotted my sports car outside a know thiefs house.

However I only found out it had be stolen when I got up the next day. Police went straight round to his house, but my car had gone to be found about 2 hours later dumped and completely smashed up

Police knew the guy had nicked it, but they couldn’t knock on the guys door in the night as the car hadn’t been reported stolen

allthepies
    Free Member

<wrings hands>

spchantler
    Free Member

leeeave it daaarren… etc

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Have you not heard…………..crime is dropping !

If the morons lose the evidence and there is no conviction then there is no crime.

project
    Free Member

He has just had a call from the police saying they have let the bloke who nicked it go due to lack of evidence

so lack of evidence that the police who are highly paid failed to find, yet you the freind know for definite, the chap nicked the car, just because it was outside his house, obviously a house with not one neighbour who may have nicked it.

and now he is getting some compensation for possible wrongful prosecution,

Russell96

Did they (the police) by chance let out said crim’s address purely by accident?

large418
    Free Member

Why is this the fault of the police? They don’t prosecute – it’s the CPS who review the evidence and decide whether a conviction is likely. You wouldn’t want them to waste taxpayers money would you?

renton
    Free Member

Project…. As I said the chap has previous and has been done before.

Same mode of entry etc.

The car was found 40 miles away outside this chaps house.

Lots of sympathy on here tonight.

allthepies
    Free Member

I have sympathy, I’d rather the police challenge a known car thief and ask him about the car outside his house and seek to prove ownership rather than say “oh yes, we saw that but we didn’t do anything about it”

Sandwich

Why is this the fault of the police?

CPS who review the evidence

Who collects the evidence? Not the CPS is it?

wwaswas

Renton, people are sympathetic but, objectively, if there’s no direct evidence there can’t be a prosecution.

Suggsey
    Free Member

There may be many reasons that he may not have been charged, alas modus operandi is not grounds to charge someone solely….. No additional witness evidence, no DNA or other crime scene evidence……..or there maybe an ongoing criminal investigation that involves the whole gang. Believe me the thieving Scroat will be on the radar…….I know from personal experience 😉

project
    Free Member

But the police failed to find enough evidence to bring a conviction/prosecution, and thats the problem, they either didnt try to hard or lack of staff.

Also how where the cars nicked, hook and cane,keys left on view, cars unlocked with keys in ignition lots of questions and not many answers.

and a chap forced to wear a tag and now being given some compo from the tax payer.

molgrips
    Free Member

Fitting people up with circumstantial evidence.. What is this, the 70s?

bigjim

renton, you can’t win against the stw moral brigade, save your energy.

renton
    Free Member

No the keys weren’t left on show etc.

The car thieves broke into my mates house at 4 in the morning whilst they were all asleep upstairs.

They broke in by removing the kitchen window.

Both sets of car keys were hidden from view.

When the police went round my friends house and saw how the keys were taken this particular chap was mentioned and funnily enough the car was found outside his house.

project
    Free Member

Well thats what insurance is for then.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

When the police went round my friends house and saw how the keys were taken this particular chap was mentioned and funnily enough the car was found outside his house.

Sounds like the sweeney are after mr big.

mattrgee
    Free Member

So if I park a nicked car outside your house does that mean you nicked it?

Oh Jesus, a new low.

OP: You’ve picked the wrong time to expect any commonsense from this lot.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

It’s shit alright but if they could have done him they would. Sooner or later though his luck will run out.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

We had a large (expensive) road tow generator stolen, an off duty Policeman walking through a housing estate spotted it stashed in a back garden.

The Police contacted us to ask if it should be there, we told them it had been reported stolen.

The Police returned to the house to find the generator had gone, no further action was taken.

Slightly frustrating to say the least.

chewkw
    Free Member

Human rights …

Then insurance claim …

We are screwed.

jamj1974

renton – Member
    Project…. As I said the chap has previous and has been done before.
    Same mode of entry etc.
    The car was found 40 miles away outside this chaps house.
    Lots of sympathy on here tonight.

Lots of sympathy for your mate – not so much for the “This country has gone to the dogs…” rantette.

proutster
    Free Member

You hand-wringing liberal ones have, I would guess, never had to try to go to sleep the night after your house has been broken into (whilst you are asleep upstairs) to steal 2 sets of car keys like Renton’s mate.

It’s shit, believe me.

And, by the way, they had to let two of the four go because of lack of evidence – despite the fact that the key to Mrs P’s Golf was found in one of their houses.

The other two were put away because one was out on licence and the other had been “not very nice” when he couldn’t find the keys in a similar style break-in.

Wait until it happens to you, then let’s see how liberal you are.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Smoke = fire.

footflaps

You’re right, it’s all the liberal’s fault, What we need are lynch mobs, shoot on site policing and ask questions later. Then the world will be so much safer…..

proutster
    Free Member

Sorry to have to say it, but yes:

NW Alps Jeyer aka Boz
    Smoke = fire.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Daily Mail works. I’m scared too.

proutster
    Free Member

footflaps
    You’re right, it’s all the liberal’s fault, What we need are lynch mobs, shoot on site policing and ask questions later. Then the world will be so much safer….

Nice leap.

butcher

I think there’s definitely some middle ground on this one. Often a case that police don’t have the time, or know someone else will not have the time or patience to make good of the work they’ll do, and so they just don’t do it. Can totally understand the frustration. At the minute I’m blaming the conservatives for pulling the country’s infrastructure from beneath our feet and bringing public services to their their knees, but I’m sure it’s an age old problem of people doing their jobs not giving as much of a **** about it as you do.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Footflaps, careful pal don’t get too wound up you might choke on your lentil and mung bean salad 😉

footflaps

For God’s sake, it’s not even the OP’s cars, we’re arguing over a mate of a mate of someone on line who has just found out that the justice system isn’t perfect.

In other news, someone is shocked to find out the earth isn’t flat…..

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

8)

jamj1974

As it seems a night for leaps…

proutster – Member
    You hand-wringing liberal ones have, I would guess, never had to try to go to sleep the night after your house has been broken into (whilst you are asleep upstairs) to steal 2 sets of car keys like Renton’s mate.

Here is one.

Wait until it happens to you, then let’s see how liberal you are.

And another.

It’s shit, believe me.

That I don’t doubt. I’ve seen people I care about devastated by it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Remember my mate who had both cars nicked……..’ is closed to new replies.