Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Registering Extrex 20
  • wheelie

Is there any reason not to? Will it effect downloading free maps? What are the best simple to use maps (pref free) for northern france?

wheelie

Oh and which handlebar mount bracket is best?

samej
    Free Member

Don’t know about registering, I haven’t registered mine.

This bike mount is the one I have and it is pretty useless. I use a cable tie to hold the etrex on to it properly. I’m not sure there are many alternatives though unfortunately.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what he said on both counts

the mount is pish without some method of securing it and it will not stay ion the mount at all with out a lanyard/cable/tie/elastic band,

wheelie

Anyone for maps fpr France?

andyl
    Free Member

These RAM mounts look interesting: http://www.rammount.com/Gallery/eTrexBicycleMount/tabid/4249/Default.aspx

I still have an Etrex 20 still in it’s box. Need to dig it out and get some free maps on there and a bike mount.

kcal

I registered my s/h one – just because. No real sense that that was a good thing to do.

However, my eTrex 20 seems to stay on that mount above without bouncing off — do you push it all the way on until the ‘click’, and have the semi loop of metal tucked underneath?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

register it, why not? doesnt stop you using free maps, and allows for software updates.

Ive got UK and France open source OS-style maps on mine from one of the usual suspects (talkytoaster, openmtbmap.org), cant remember which.

Ive only lost mine from the official garmin mount once and that was user error not pushing it until the ridge on the unit engages with the groove in the mount. Do it right and getting out is the problem!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Registering Extrex 20’ is closed to new replies.