Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Refreshing Magura Louise FR Brakes
  • acjim
    Free Member

My Magura Loiuse FR brakes are not working as well as they once did – what should I do to bring them back to their best?

Current symptoms include sticky lever (not fully returning) and lack of power and bite.

so…

Bleed
    Replace all fluid
    Service (seals, other bits?)
    Replace hoses
    ??

wwaswas

I’d flush through the system as part of a bleed so it’s all new fluid.

MAgura don’t really supply seal kist setc – you have to return them to their service centre. You could give the levers a good squirt with disk brake cleaner when they’re off the bike to clean out the pivots.

Not sure if they do replacement pivots, either.

if they’re really stick they popping the pistons out at the calipers for a clean might help but I’ve not tried that.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Mine started playing up, pistons not retracting properly.

Magura do not and have never done seals for these brakes. I scoured the planet for some, including magura HQ – no chance.

I had them bled and the existing seals cleaned up (maybe some rubber grease on them if I recall correctly), at first they were still sticking, but then freed up and have been ace ever since.

Great brakes so worth trying to sort out IMHO.

acjim
    Free Member

cheers folks – I’ll go with the bleed and clean up. Experience with Hayes and Hope servicing (i.e. replace every tiny expensive part) has me expecting to do a full strip down.

any tips on what fuild to use? Do i have to use the magura blood?

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair which are about 4 years old, never serviced, bled once, awesome brakes – I stopped using them because the levers went floppy (lateral play and when pulling the lever in). I suspected new hoses would sort them out, braided ones, but decided to replace them instead.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Refreshing Magura Louise FR Brakes’ is closed to new replies.