Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Redundancytrackworld
  • yetidave
    Free Member

We have been told for months that there is work after the current project, no need to leave, good portfolio, etc etc. Then, after 3 years of ball breaking works, 4 weeks before its complete we get the dreaded letter. I would like to enter into a complete rant but not sure if the swear filter would allow. 👿

ourmaninthenorth

Rant away. Sounds shit.

We canned a 2+ year project that saw contractors depart on 3 hours notice and 3 of us responsible for the decision to close the project all having to put ourselves on “the list” and do the same to many other very close colleagues.

Console yourself that it’s a business decision and not personal, and that you’ll get some £. Now get cracking on finding another job.

yetidave
    Free Member

the search started as I sat back at my desk yesterday, linkedin is a fascinating place…

Is hard to not take it personally, but yes its a business decision to make money, and if the works not there they don’t make money employing people to do nothing. Its the stuff they have said over the last 6 months that hurts though, trying to keep us here to the last moment to deliver this, when I have turned down a number of offers with others as we have been promised longer term prospects with this lot.

dovebiker

Welcome to the economic reality of “taking back control” – businesses are holding back on expenditure and investment whilst the bunch of muppets in Whitehall go on their hols, the country is expected to sit around twiddling it’s thumbs and await a new dawn of economic prosperity….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yea it sucks, I had 4 years of pay freezes and promised training / promotion being deferred before finally being made redundant.

Even more pissed off that withing weeks of leaving my old job (I’d taken a sideways step when it looked like there would be redundancies a couple of years previous) was being done by a contractor.

On the upside I’m currently doing something a bit different, downside it pays about 1/3rd but with good prospects to get back to ‘normal’ if the old job doesn’t come back.

If I ever end up back there then I’ll be far more militant and outspoken when it comes to employment issues and far less yes-sir / no-sir and trusting.

jamj1974

Sorry to hear that yetidave. To lead you on like that is dreadful. Business decisions need to include impact on workers not just bottom line. We are all people after all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Redundancytrackworld’ is closed to new replies.