Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Red Spokes – where from?
  • Rik
    Free Member

Building up a pair of road wheel for the wife using DT 240s hubs, she would really like 2 red spokes either side of the valve hole like the American Classic wheels.

Can i find them anywhere!!

Superstar do them but miniumn order of 16 spokes when I need 4, plus they are not the right size anyway.

DT DB Competition Spokes are listed in Red on the DT website but nowhere lists them to buy. Need 294mm and 296mm spokes.

Anybody???

druidh
    Free Member

GW
    Free Member

Aye, as Druidh pointed out, give it a few days and she’ll probably be far more rational about it. 😉

druidh
    Free Member

Proper 😆

matthew_h
    Free Member

Rik, I’ll see what I can do tomorrow but can’t promise anything.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Be aware though that the paint is quite prone to flaking off before the wheel is even fully built (happens with the red and the white ones)

Rik
    Free Member

Cheers Matt – women are never satisfied……took me hours to persuade her that red ali nipples 😯 were a bad idea!!

Rik
    Free Member

Didn’t realise they were just painted….

matthew_h
    Free Member

Yeah, not the most resiliant finish unfortunately. Red ones seem marginally better than the white ones but still not great.

Ally nipples aren’t that bad if you’re careful but will bind more in the future.

Stevo210
    Free Member

I’ve used these in the past, not painted, they are more like anodised but not quite as durable. Way better than paint or powder it!!
    http://global.ebay.com/32-Speichen-mit-Alu-Nippel-Pillar-Spokes-div-Farben/370522550539/item

I emailed them and got a couple of samples sent over. Quick delivery and very helpful throughout.

Rik
    Free Member

Cool cheers for that – just emailed them

julianwilson
    Free Member

GW: funniest post I’ve read all week. 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Red Spokes – where from?’ is closed to new replies.