Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)
  • Red Bull Rampage.
  • Northwind

I’ve still got good connection but the event’s trickling out a bit isn’t it. The 10 minute delay’s a good idea for fairness but it’s not so good for live viewing

unklehomered
    Free Member

I’ve had a smashing feed but i am delayed by about 30s

oldfart

Bizet should have been given the win for having the Kahuna’s to go again !

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

What’s the update with Aggy?

chakaping
    Free Member

Broken pelvis but no surgery required.

Will be out a few months obvs.

Guess that’s why rampage is at end of season!

tomfun

Does anybody know what happened to Sam Reynolds? I was looking forward to his run but he didn’t compete in the finals. I guess he crashed in practice?

AlexSimon

tomfun – Member

Does anybody know what happened to Sam Reynolds? I was looking forward to his run but he didn’t compete in the finals. I guess he crashed in practice? I was wondering the same. Nothing on his social media 🙁

AlexSimon

Found this on Pinkbike

Sam Reynolds opted out this year. In his view, things have gone too far and he said he simply wasn’t prepared to risk his life. A tough but admirable call considering the pressure the riders are surely under to perform.

Blimey!

tomfun

Makes you think doesn’t it. I don’t know what line Sam had in mind but you could bet it was going to hinge on a big trick. Maybe he was spooked by Fairclough crashing or maybe they were sharing the Canyon gap. Fair play though for being honest.

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve been down in Cornwall, in a geology field trip, so missed it live: however, I watched a selection of the runs last night and I can’t understand why Semenuk won over Bizet. The latter’s run was better, IMO.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Another amazing rampage, got me excited to go back next year and do some of the local riding too.
    It’s did feel long but I can understand why, we just settled in and ordered Pizza for the re run,

I can’t understand why Semenuk won over Bizet. The latter’s run was better, IMO.

For me Semenuk did more over the length of the run where as Bizet was needing to save/work for the double back flip – as shown where he didn’t get it on Run 2.
    [video]https://youtu.be/VqY3LBawDXc[/video]
    [video]https://youtu.be/CMo5gAi0Oyk[/video]
    For me he just got more into the run and the space, the drops were incredible up to

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I can’t understand why Semenuk won over Bizet.

One great trick shouldn’t make a Rampage winner. It was a good run, but Semenuk’s was clearly a much tougher line with 3 big tricks.

spawnofyorkshire

One great trick shouldn’t make a Rampage winner. It was a good run, but Semenuk’s was clearly a much tougher line with 3 big tricks.

Ultimately that, my intial thoughts were that Bizet should have won, then i went back and rewatched Semenucks run and it was nuts. He had his own line that was pretty much a sheer drop at one point then he went into the tricks.
    Can’t find it but there’s a POV of his run that shows just how bloomin steep it was at points

Also he was running 26×2.7 Maxxis tyres… first plus bike to win rampage? 😀

Northwind

It’s quite good that they’ve made best trick such a big deal tbh, that’s always been a challenge for judging, the balance between one big headline grabber and a more balanced run. The judging seemed generally more sensible this year

deviant
    Free Member

I read somewhere they used ex riders, current riders and former winners as judges for the first time this year….seems sensible and probably had more to do with getting the judging right this year.

ocrider

All the above.
    Dropping into that first chute isn’t something you witness a guy on a bike doing every day. It’s more akin to snowsports freeride competitions. Followed straight after by what the commentary called a nosebonk, which looked more to me like the most casual rolling stoppy into the next drop…
    The whole combination of tricks + style and the originality of the line (the majority of them rode the ridge) won and rightly so.

mikey74
    Free Member

I have to admit I watched Semenuk’s run via the red bull replay, but at the time could only find Bizet’s POV footage, which made it look a far trickier line.

I totally agree: one trick shouldn’t make the winner.

Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘Red Bull Rampage.’ is closed to new replies.