Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommended 'guided' trail experiences – Lake District / South Scotland ?
  • nickhit3
    Free Member

Not at all my area of expertise here, but wife knows of some French family friends looking to take an MTB trip as part of holiday arrangements over to the UK (North West and Scotland) and are looking for tips on locations that offer a guided experience -mid August onwards, so fairly short notice.. No info given on their ability sadly, but i can assume they are experienced riders with this enquiry coming to light. I’m fairly certain this isn’t a ‘CenterParcs’ style request but a more authentic experience is what they’re after.

Any thoughts on facilities, guided or not, notable trail centres that might be a good shout? I’ve offered Whinlatter/ Grizedale and Glentress as locations but I stress I’ve never been to these places and haven’t personally any experience of trail centres.

Kamakazie

There seems to be a fair few places doing guided MTB trips these days such as:

Tom Hutton MTB Guiding
    Go-Where
    MTB.Wales
    Wildbike

richardkennerley
    Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Paul’s a good lad. He’s away in the Dolomites at the moment but might be back by then. Worth dropping him a line:
    http://www.wheeliegreatmtb.co.uk/

nickhit3
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I’ll pass some of these on- any more suggestions welcome!

somafunk

Pete and Christine from Trailbrakes in SW Scotland could possibly help them out with ideas,

scotroutes

https://westcoastbiking.co.uk/bike-guides/ – if you want to head further north 🙂

cuyahoga
    Free Member

I’ll put in a good word for Ant at Trail Motions. He hangs around these parts too, so may pick up on the thread himself…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommended 'guided' trail experiences – Lake District / South Scotland ?’ is closed to new replies.