Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommendations for a wide bar in 31.8 flavour
  • burgatedicky

Moving from a narrow (660mm) XC bar with 80mm stem to 50mm stem and “wide bar” format.

I know this has been done to death already, so please keep the abuse to a minimum, but…

Does anyone have any experience with relatively cheap aluminium bars. Preferably with markings on to make cutting down easier as I doubt I’ll need the whole width of the bar.
    Already sourced a 2nd hand stem so that’s covered.
    Medium rise (20-25mm) rise would be nice as I’d like to keep the front end low-ish.
    Comments on a postcard please!

xiphon
    Free Member

I paid £20 for a second hand Element Nickelwide – it was still 780mm when I received it. Now it’s been cut down to 760, which I find perfect.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ve recently gone to using Renthals Fatbar..

Its fantastic IMHO. Perfect sweep,rise etc.

flyingmonkeycorps

I have a 785mm RaceFace Atlas (now cut down to 765mm) and I like it. It’s also pink.

£34 on CRC at the moment…

Depends how wide you want to go really!

burgatedicky

Heard good things about Fatbars too. Cheers for that!

Bagstard
    Free Member

Renthal fat bar and sunline v1 have a very similar feel which myself and pretty much all my friends agree with. I also have the atlas on my trail bike, cut down to 740mm, but don’t like the shape so much, feels less natural.

vorlich
    Free Member

Sunline v1 745 +1

There was some on the classifieds just recently…

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Had both Sunline V1 and Renthal Fatbars in different widths over the years, currently running the Fatbars at 740, but the colour is an aquired taste…

messiah
    Free Member

CRC were selling Sunline V1’s for £25 recently which is a bargain, although not sure if they have any remaining.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Sunline v1 745 +2

robbonzo
    Free Member

Boobars are worth a look at too. CRC have them for £33 at 740mm wide.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve used Nukeproofs (very nice and reasonably light – 760mm) and currently on 780mm Renthals. Don’t know which I prefer to be honest… they’re as good as each other.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for a wide bar in 31.8 flavour’ is closed to new replies.