Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me somewhere in coed y brenin, been double booked!
  • pimpmyride
    Free Member

Rang up yesterday to double check all was well with our stay only to find that we have been double booked!
    I won’t name the place as its unfair but i’m desperate to book somewhere for 7 of us in may.
    Can anyone recommend somewhere? we normally stay in a lovely modern bunkhouse for £15 a night!

We want to be as close to the mbr route at Coed Y Brenin as possible.

Help 🙁

lunge

cae gwyn farm is about a 1 mile road ride from the start of the trails and is very nice and quite a good price.

We stayed there and it was spot on for our needs.

elliptic
    Free Member

Last time there we used Dolgun Uchaf just outside Dolgellau, the bunkhouse is basic (stable block style) but the showers are hot and the farmhouse breakfasts were excellent!

Stoner
    Free Member

recommend cae gwyn. Looked after us a number of times we’ve stayed there.

You could also look at the trawsywyndd log cabins.

clubber
    Free Member

Plas Isa if it’s not already booked and it wasn’t where you originally booked…

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Another vote for Dolgun Uchaf here, 12 quid, warm, clean, great showers but a short drive from Coed Y Brenin.
    Brekky in town was massive and worth avoiding the ease of the Little Chef for.

stumpy01

This place is good: http://www.llysednowain.co.uk

About 10 mins from CYB.

bassspine
    Free Member

We’ve stayed at Cae Gwyn a few times, full B&B and bunkhouse. Nice people, chilled atmosphere, especially when it snowed on the bunkhouse!

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Biker’s Retreat is very good, but its very popular so you’ll be lucky to get in at such short nitice. Worth giving them a bell though.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

stumpy01 does this place have off street parking for a mini bus?

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Sorry would help if I pasted the link 🙂 do these have off street parking for a mini bus? http://www.llysednowain.co.uk

stumpy01

They have a fair few parking spaces and everytime I have been it’s never been full, so you could easily get a minibus in. Also got a very sturdy bike store with combination lock on it – just take some extra locks to secure bikes to the bars inside.

Decent rooms, showers, kitchen with TV, drying room (not very effective though) – all in all we have been really impressed.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Nice 1 thanks mate just rang them and we are booked in 🙂

Cheers buddy

sc-xc

that place is great – have used it a few times.

Go to the smaller of the pubs (up the street)…the one down the street got a bit lairy when we went in on a SAturday night.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

SC-XC will keep that in mind 🙂

Thanks

stumpy01

Yep…..I would agree with SC-XC on that one. I think the pub down the road is also a hotel. We ate in there and the food was OK, but it didn’t seem that friendly. The one up the road is better.

Come out of hostel, go straight ahead over the junction and then you can go up or down the hill.
    Down the hill there’s the pub/hotel, a convenience store, an HSBC cash point and a decent cafe that does a cracking fry-up. We went 2 days running and on the 2nd day she had bought in some extra thick bacon specifically in case we came in! And gave us black pudding too!!

Up the hill, there’s a pub (although when we were last there almost all there beers weren’t on!).

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Thanks guys, will let you know how I get on!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me somewhere in coed y brenin, been double booked!’ is closed to new replies.