Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Recommend me some tyres please..
  • asbrooks

I’m after some new tyres! I’m currently running Schwalbe Black Jacks 2.1 on my hardtail which I like. They roll reasonably well and I’m yet to have a puncture after 2 years of use (tempting fate I know 🙂 ). The only downside to them, they are poor in the mud and spin out when peddling hard.
    As they are coming to the end of their useful life and before I buy some more, I was wondering if there is anything else that you guys would recommend?
    Up till now most of my ridding was done at cannock, the Black Jacks were good on the chase. Now my ridding at the moment is local which means more mud and the way the weather has been, it doesn’t look like it will dry out any time some.
    So in conclusion; I’m looking for something similar to Black Jacks, but are better in the mud(Although I suspect an unworn tyre would be better than the part worn ones I currently have on the bike).
    Many thanks.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

TBH Black Jacks are not a high spec tyre with a poor compound so most tyres will be an upgrade.

Something like this will be worlds apart from the Black Sharks: better tread, better sidewalls, better compound but do not have the puncture protection of the Sharks. –

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/TYSCNNFT/schwalbe-nobby-nic-folding-tyre

asbrooks

Cheers dangerousbeans! How does the size of the 2.1s compare to the Black Jack 2.1s?

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some tyres please..’ is closed to new replies.