Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • recommend me some podcasts
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Something to keep me going when on a long run.

Good mix of music and funny chatter

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I really like the Mayo and Kermode film podcast – 2 hours and no music but funny and interesting reviews. I tend to agree with Kermode on most films so rate his opinions.

sc-xc

RHLSTP. Plenty of them to keep you going….

maccruiskeen

I’d second RHLSTP and add Robin and Josie’s Utter Shambles

For music I’m quite enjoying a belgian music channel called Radio Rectangle – came across it as a couple of my old St Helens illumni present shows on it. . Their shows are Planet Claire, I love 90s pop and Totally Wired but I’m finding everything on there a refreshing change. Its in foreign (inc foreign with a St Helens accent) but theres very little talk. Shows can finish with the longest and most bonkers jingle imaginable.

Dobbo

Music podcasts are quite hard to find due to copyright issues IIRC, even radio shows that are podcasted have to strip music out.

jon1973
    Free Member

Music podcasts are quite hard to find due to copyright issues IIRC, even radio shows that are podcasted have to strip music out.

Yes, this is exactly what I’ve been finding. Disappointing.

bones
    Free Member

I assume you’ve already heard all the old xfm shows, but if not, here’s a taster:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVz1uaMPDWg[/video]

Lifer
    Free Member

Funny chatter:

Nerdist
    The Bugle

Music not so much.

Hospital Records Podcast is damn good for music, but funny chatter not so much.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Richard Herrings Leicester Square podcast. Start at the beginning and listen to them in order if you can. Pretty damn good!

mekkenolly
    Free Member

RHLSTP is very funny at times. Music wise, have really enjoyed Blue Marten podcasts; quite an eclectic mix. Solid Steel podcasts are worth ploughing through as well(there are hundreds!)

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Another vote for, as the cool kids are calling it, RHLSTP

Answer Me this is good too.

The Complete Guide to Everything

The Infinite Monkey Cage

No Such Thing as a Fish

Friday Night Comedy

Philosopher’s Arms

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

For music try the NPR all songs considered podcast. Chat can be a bit naff but there’s a really diverse mix of new music on it. I also listen to the Blues Kitchen podcast which is loosely blues based but they also do a bit of rock, soul, etc.

maccruiskeen

For music Solid steel is ok if you like that kind of thing – with a few exceptions (like the utterly splendid episode 156) I tend to really like the first 15 minutes of most of them but find them a bit of a dirge after that.

Stone Throw Records podcasts are good too,

As I mentioned about the Radio Rectangle ones are good – and unusually for podcasts its songs played beginning to end rather than DJ mixes

huggis
    Free Member
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not music, but sometimes randomly funny – This american life.

Last weeks podcast about policing in a deprived afro american area of milwaukee was a great listen. Wasn’t biased either way, but really thought provoking.

Ewan
    Free Member

Not funny or music but Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History is one of the greatest things on the internet.

maccruiskeen

This american life.

From their back catalogue “Special Ed” was a stand-out brilliant episode

verses

RHLSTP
    Scroobious Pip’s Distraction Pieces
    Infinite Monkey Cage

BoardinBob

Dan Carlin
    Bill Burr
    Doug Stanhope
    Joe Rogan
    The Nerdist

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some podcasts’ is closed to new replies.