Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Recommend me some bars in Chester!
  • batfink
    Free Member

Up in North Wales for a stag do this weekend which includes a night out in Chester. Any recommendations for “suitable” venues?

ratherbeintobago

All roads lead to Rosie’s if my recollection of nights out in Chester is anything to go on.

‘Recommend’ is probably too strong a word unless you like sticky carpets and cheesy music. Which I do.

Andy

Edit: Oh yes – meant to say Chester is a surprisingly rough night out; saw more fighting there in one year than I ever did in several years in Liverpool

marcus7
    Free Member

Rough…. Still at least brannies is closed now, having said that my last good night out there was at Cinderellas!

donsimon
    Free Member

Bloody hell, is Rosie’s still going?

saw more fighting there in one year than I ever did in several years in Liverpool

You went to the wrong places with the wrong crowd and maybe the wrong face.
    Never had any problems there.

having said that my last good night out there was at Cinderellas!

😆

batfink
    Free Member

That looks like perfect stag do material – much appreciated.

Yes…. I’ve only ever been to Chester once before and there was a full-on brawl going on in the street – complete with screeching females “leave it Darren, he’s not worf it” etc.

I am reassured that “Big Jim” (aka: “Mad Jim”) will be there to keep us safe 😯

tazzymtb

Cinderellas!

bloody hell that takes me back, and high society.

back on topic the platinum lounge is good for stag related lechery

batfink
    Free Member

back on topic the platinum lounge is good for stag related lechery

yes…. that popped up during my extensive “research” on tinternet. Do you have a favorite there Tazzy?!?

donsimon
    Free Member

and high society.

John Locke anyone? Which reminds me, The Commercial.

tazzymtb

Do you have a favorite there Tazzy?

they are all a bit “artificially enhanced” and far to townie/normal for me chap….I like my ladies more natural in shape and more tattoo’d and freaky, or at least elegantly filthy (you can’t beat a good burlesque and cabaret)

having said that I’m catching up with some old mates in chester at the weekend so if you see a heavily pierced and inked skinhead looking a bit bored having been dragged there it may be me. 😕

batfink
    Free Member

elegantly filthy

good name for a band that…

ratherbeintobago

You went to the wrong places with the wrong crowd and maybe the wrong face.

That was never the issue. Walking from one bar to another, we’d often see someone getting a doing further down the street.

Andy

chunkypaul
    Free Member

Pubs – Harkers, Albion inn, Brewery Tap, Ye Old Kings Head, The Red Lion (Handbridge one), Bear & Billett, Plumbers Arms

Bars (prefer the pubs myself but) – The Artichoke, Amber, Bar Lounge, Duttons, Fat Cat, Gallery, Living Room etc etc

Alternative – Liverpool Arms, Bar Six T Nine

Avoid – Rosie’s Night Club!

marcus7
    Free Member

Bar six t nine! is that still open??? my wife once was called a “dyke” whilst stood near it and i was ordering in the kebab shop!. true story that….

donsimon
    Free Member

Is Oliver’s still going?

batfink
    Free Member

sounds like a thoughly classy place all round…. idea for a stag party night out

victoria73
    Free Member

Living Room Some ideas for a Stag Weekend in Chester are:

Revolution Bar
    Cruise Nightclub
    Living Room
    Pitcher and Piano
    Chester Stag Weekends Nightlife passes

Hope this links and ideas help

project
    Free Member

Bar six t nine! is that still open?

Yes it is and right next door to a good bike shop and down the road from another 3 bike shops, specialized concept store, the bike factory and the one in Hoole on lightfoot street.

Olivers closed a long time ago and is now a housing block for old people, Olivers had a nice clientele all very friendly and someone always willing to buy a stranger a drink.

donsimon
    Free Member

Olivers closed a long time ago and is now a housing block for old people, Olivers had a nice clientele all very friendly and someone always willing to buy a stranger a drink.

This is very true and I don’t think you even had to be gay to go there.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

The Golden Rivet– and if thats not your cuppa try The Town Crier , handy for the station

project
    Free Member

Don Simon, Olivers was known for cheap drinks and no dress code,and no trouble inside,even the police and some local footballers for big teams used to call in there.

Sadly some of the natives didnt like some of the clientele, and there where some fights outside,one involving a footballer and a car being trashed i seem to remember.

donsimon
    Free Member

I think most of the fighting was due to the taxi offices below rather than Oliver’s. Other places had relaxed dress codes too, I never got turned out of High Society for dress either.

project
    Free Member

where was High society.

Not remembering that one.

donsimon
    Free Member

Love Street.

project
    Free Member

opposit what was Brannigans, now being converted to a Primark

donsimon
    Free Member

Yep No, I believe it changed to Raphael’s and now it’s a bar/restaurant, Forest House a Wetherspoons.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some bars in Chester!’ is closed to new replies.