Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Recommend me some baggy shorts for summer riding.
  • turtleheading
    Free Member

Looking at getting some new shorts, any recommendations out there?

Mavic Stratos seem to get good reviews…
    What are people using?

chakaping
    Free Member

I have them Stratos shorts, very lightweight and comfy but only ridden in them twice so no idea on durability. Seem well made though and the cut is v nice. Small pockets.

Paid a lot less than RRP so am happy with them anyway.

martinm116
    Free Member

I’ve always used endura singletrack shorts, love em, though they aren’t lightweight.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Are the Stratoses stretchy material?

I’m currently using some Gore ones, which are fine but my wife has some girlie Alturas which are stretchy and look really comfy so I want some stretchy ones now.

turtleheading
    Free Member

What is the sizing like on those stratos shorts? I tend to be between a medium/large.
    And do they come with an inner bit as sometimes you have to buy them seperate?

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Bought a pair of these and love them: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=48949

chakaping
    Free Member

Are the Stratoses stretchy material?

Ish

What is the sizing like on those stratos shorts? I tend to be between a medium/large.

Go large. I did. They can be cinched in at sides with velcro tabs.

FOG

Had Stratos for about a year, light, comfy, not cheap.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

+1 Endura Singletrack – not as light as others agreed (not much in it though) however, thare VERY comfortable & VERY well ventilated, I used them whilst riding in USA during VERY hot conditions and they were GREAT!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I’ve used Fox Altitudes solely over the last couple of years. Light, breathable material and also well-vented, flexible/stretchy, wear well and even repel light rain. When they do get wet, they dry very quickly. They come with a very good quality detachable liner. Perfect pants for me.

chakaping
    Free Member

The Mavics do feel like they’d tear easy in a crash, very thin material.

Maybe worth bearing in mind if you fall off a lot.

anto164
    Free Member

I’ve got some Troy Lee Designs Skyline shorts.

Lovely and lightweight.

Northwind

Altura Mayhems- cheapish, quite good vents, tough as old boots, and come with a removable liner. I’ve got 2 pairs, both been flawless.

jedi

dakine 🙂

tony24
    Free Member

If your a size medium or small lakedale bikes have some specialized enduro shorts reduced from 70 to 30 which is quite a saving.

rewski
    Free Member

Been trying to track down a pair myself

Stripe
    Free Member

Endura Humvees! Best seller & review winner!! 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

+1

theotherjonv

Ground Effect ftw

doug_basqueMTB.com

Been using Endura singletrack and Burner shorts for the past year. The Burners are a lot more ventillated and lighter BUT the seat has ripped out and the shorts are pretty worn looking whereas my singletrack’s are still perfect. I probably wear them about the same amount.

I just bought a new set of Burners but was dissapointed to find that they didn’t have removable liners, the liner is lovely but non-removable is a pain for me and if it was clear on the description I wouldn’t have bought them.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I have them Stratos shorts, very lightweight and comfy but only ridden in them twice so no idea on durability. Seem well made though and the cut is v nice. Small pockets.

Paid a lot less than RRP so am happy with them anyway.

May I ask where you got them from as I’m looking to buy some so any discount would be welcomed!

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

rewski=genius photo (sums it up nicely) Just missing a 80 l rucksac/camelbak, shin pads and full face helmet. 😀

specializedneeds

Endura Hummvee Lite:
    Very thin lightweight material at the front
    Tough Cordura seat at the back (like regular Hummvees)
    Lightweight clickfast liner (if that’s you sort of thing, I use roadie bibs under my baggies: so much better)

Think there’s a Bike Radar review

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I bought some fox campus shorts, nice fit but quite lightweight and so dont know yet about durability. They have detachable inners which is fine as I ve used road 3/4 shorts underneath over the last month and they’ve worked to keep me warmer, as the Summer arrives I’ll use the liners they came with but they’re too thin for the cold, maybe perfect for summer.

I had singletracks and the ar$e ripped out.

daznal
    Free Member

if you’r not a gear snob,decathlon bike shorts are as good as any ive had and cheap as chips

stayhigh

Does anyine know what are the Madison range of shorts are like?

kimbers
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some baggy shorts for summer riding.’ is closed to new replies.