Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Recommend me good technical descent up in lakes
  • pussywillow
    Free Member

wl – Member
    Pussywillow – when you say Red Pike do you mean the one overlooking Buttermere, that starts with a red coloured natural chute leading into steep rocky trail down to a tarn heading towards Buttermere? Always fancied that one myself. I know what you mean about Dollywagon – basically a flight of steps. Rosset is good though, or was a few years back – might be ruined now.
    POSTED 5 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Absolutley spot on!! But u climb up that red steep chute then down the other side. Although I bet it would be good doing it both ways.

xiphon
    Free Member

Easdale Tarn is a challenge, especially in the wet.

pypdjl
    Free Member

Halls fell ridge would surely be a massive amount of carrying even if you were seriously good?

grum
    Free Member

Yeah it’s been a while since I walked it but the was a reasonable amount of (easy) scrambling IIRC and very steep in places. Would require a riding god surely.

Pieface

Some say Sharp Edge is an easier scramble than Halls Fell Ridge.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Probably correct if not for the one exposed slab on Sharp Edge and the more exposed finish. Halls Fell is a wonderfully pure line straight to the top especially in the snow. Not sure I could ride either though!!!

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden halls fell or doddick from Blencathra? Just interested!

Both are techie and fun. Doddick you can drop into following the fix the fells / zigzag section off the summit of Blencathra. With Halls Fell, we find it’s easier to walk up to a point about 100m(ish) off the summit then turn around and head down (that top section isn’t ridable). I’ve not cleared both but there’s a few riders in town that come pretty close.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me good technical descent up in lakes’ is closed to new replies.