Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Recommend me a pepper grinder
  • flyingmonkeycorps

No, really. Mrs Monkey would like one for Christmas and I want something nice. John Lewis have quite a nice looking Le Creuset one but I’m open to suggestion.

Manual rather than powered I think.

willard

Manual you say??? http://shop2.porsche.com/uk/lifestyle/home/wap0500140e/salt-and-pepper-mills.pdds

You’d have to watch their emissions though…

wombat

Get a Peugeot one, they’re the bees’ knees of pepper grinders.

imn

T&G stuff is good, and has lifetime warranty and excellent customer service in my experience.

I would be inclined to avoid anything too big, so the peppercorns don’t sit there forever.

monde
    Free Member

Look at the Weber grinders. Great quality and are a lot better than my cole and mason equivalents.

http://www.worldofpower.co.uk/weber-style-salt-and-pepper-grinder-set-black.html

ransos
    Free Member

STW at its finest!

flyingmonkeycorps

I knew STW would come good 😀

finishthat
    Free Member

Peugeot is the proper job

willard

Seriously? I know their older diesel engines were good, but would you trust them to make a modern pepper grinder?

jambalaya
    Free Member

We have the Joseph salt and pepper grinders, perhaps not special enough for Chritsmas but good every day and we like the design, very much plastic though

wombat

willard – Member

Seriously? I know their older diesel engines were good, but would you trust them to make a modern pepper grinder?

Yes, seriously.

Mrs Wombat used to work for a fancy kitchenware retailer and Peugeot were the best by a large margin (based on fewest returns & trying a few other brands in demo days (yea, really)). We’ve got one (and a salt one) and they’re both head and shoulders better that the Cole & Mason ones they replaced.

They simply work (and will almost certainly continue to do so for may years)

spawnofyorkshire

+1 for Peugeot
    My sister bought me one for xmas and i was a bit non-plussed at the idea but the thing is brilliant (as pepper grinders go)

maccruiskeen

No, really. Mrs Monkey would like one for Christmas and I want something nice.

For two or three years, every birthday and christmas, when I’ve been asked what I wan’t I’ve said ‘decent pepper grinder’ as we’ve been using and refilling the same disposable costco one for more than a decade.

And nobody has bought me one. I had to bloody by my own!

ransos
    Free Member

For two or three years, every birthday and christmas, when I’ve been asked what I wan’t I’ve said ‘decent pepper grinder’ as we’ve been using and refilling the same disposable costco one for more than a decade.

Your existing pepper grinder has lasted ten years…

gummikuh

So where could one purchase one of these Peugeot grinders?

wombat

gummikuh – Member

So where could one purchase one of these Peugeot grinders?

Here (other outlets are available)

Pepper Grinder

jimdubleyou

Get an upside down one – then you don’t get mess over the table…

maccruiskeen

Your existing pepper grinder has lasted ten years…

Yup – My brother had a bit of a DIY wedding do – rather than buy gifts all the guests mucked into the do (I was DJ, the ‘cake’ was a smorgasbord of home baking, and so on). As part of it we had to set up the hall for dining and bought pre-filled disposable salt and pepper grinders for the tables. So I kept one, and when it ran out just kept refilling it. Plastic body and plastic grindy-bit, but it just kept on working and working (and I likes my pepper). He got married in 2002 and I bought a replacement in January this year

ransos
    Free Member

As part of it we had to buy pre-filled disposable salt and pepper grinders for the tables so I kept one and when it ran out just kept refilling it. Plastic body and grindy-bit, but it just kept on working and working (and I likes my pepper).

So buy another one!

maccruiskeen

So buy another one!

Vanity required that I had something more appropriate to sit next to my Le Crusset salt pig 🙂

wombat

Vanity required that I had something more appropriate to sit next to my Le Crusset salt pig

A Le Creuset Pepper Badger?

maccruiskeen

A Le Creuset Pepper Badger?

If one turns up cheap, in an unfashionable colour in TKMaxx the yes. Then I’ll just need the Chutney Ferret to complete the set.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a pepper grinder’ is closed to new replies.