Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a metal shed
  • thorpey0
    Free Member

I am looking to buy a metal pent roof shed with slide open door(s). I have previously had a wooden shed but the space this will go it to lends itself towards the door(s) being along the length of the shed rather than one end, there seems to be more choice in metal than wood. Are there many disadvantages to metal over wood? Any recommendations out there under £200 for a 7 x 5 (ish) shed?

nedrapier

I’d be surprised if you could get that much metal for £200. I’ve not looked into it much, but only seen Asgard, which are a lot more expensive than that.

http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/

kaiser
    Free Member

horrendous condensation

kaiser
    Free Member

horrendous condensation

5lab

I bought a billy oh pent metal shed for my old house, as I needed an odd size (might have been 7×5 actually) and a door on the short side. I stupidly put it on a plank of ply as a floor, so after 5 years had to remove the whole shed from the floor, rip up the (rotten) ply and put it back. It held up surprisingly well to the movement – in the end I just bolted it down (with standard rawlplugs) to the knackered crazy paving underneath. 3 years later (total 8 years) its still up, although it was placed in a very sheltered spot. Didn’t seem like it’d survive very well to a security ‘attack’, nor really strong winds, but otherwise good, if a little damp inside when it had the floor (on paving slabs it was much better). didn’t look very nice (compared to a wooden shed)

gray

I’ve never detected any condensation at all in my Asgard bike locker. Had it a couple of years.

duner
    Free Member

I had a yardmaster, unfortunately was in quite an exposed location and it got destroyed in a storm after 6 months. The sliding doors were the weak point, once they went the wind got in and opened it up like a sardine can. Anyway, before that I was actually quite impressed with it for the price, and I got my money back from screwfix! If it’s to go in a sheltered area then I’d say it would be fine.

matt_outandabout

We bought a cheap one.

I had it 90% built, and realised it was so bad I had to return it. Holes for attachments missing or out of line, major gaps and sharp edges all round, roof sheets too small, doors that would not open smoothly due to hole misalignments, rust already – and then wobbled in the slightest wind… It was also 20-30cm different size fri what was stated. The manufacturer did not even argue, which says a lot.

Waltons Metal Apex 10x6 Shed Review

CountZero

This is what you want:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a metal shed’ is closed to new replies.