Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a good cheap quiet hotel close to Oxford town centre please?
  • oldmanonabike
    Free Member

Romantic few days away with the oldwoman 🙂

Tar!

jkomo

Crikey, could help with all except good and cheap.
    Are you driving? Are you on a night out?

Malmaison hotel with a meal in the livingroom restaurant next door. Not cheap (sorry). It’s an old prison and have cells instead of rooms. Great place

oldmanonabike
    Free Member

Hmm, would the oldwoman like to be locked in a cell for the night 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

If you use the search function there was a huge thread on this a little while back. but what’s “cheap” they have travel lodge’s just on the outskirst whereby you can get a bus into town? if so look at Pear Tree Travel lodge.

Malmaison
    The Randloph
    Four Pillars on Abingdon Road.
    remont Hotel.
    Cotswold Lodge Hotel
    Galaxie Hotel.

DO NOT .. i repeat DO NOT stay at Nanford Guest House.

EDIT: Have a look at travel zoo as they often do good deals. Or Groupon.

oldmanonabike
    Free Member

thanks!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Randolph. Nice…!

The Trout at Tadpole Bridge is rather nice for a DWA, but a bit out of town. Ditto the Bell, out by Hampton Poyle.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

also there’s a holiday Inn Express at the Kassam Stadium but DO NOT stay in that area…or at least I wouldn’t! It’s right on the border of one of Oxford’s roughest estates where the term “joy riding” was invented from the local estate in the early 90’s!!!

elliott-20
    Free Member

We stayed at the Randolf a few years back. Quite nice and dead in the centre. They even gave us the wine for free at the meal. At least I think they did, they seems far too professional to have forgot to put the 3 bottles on the bill 😀

Look for vouchers for Macdonalds hotels.

mefty
    Free Member

Try the Tower House in Ship St, small 7 room hotel in very central but quiet location – stayed there years ago and it was more than fine. No facilities, not a problem for me this is no hardship.

CountZero

It’s right on the border of one of Oxford’s roughest estates where the term “joy riding” was invented from the local estate in the early 90’s!!!

Blackbird Leys?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yup.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a good cheap quiet hotel close to Oxford town centre please?’ is closed to new replies.