Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a cheap waterproof to walk the dog in??
  • vondally
    Free Member

My old goretexs have died a combination of age and generally abuse, so recommend me a cheap waterproof for walking the dog, ideally something longer than the traditional cycling waterproof,pockets for poo bags price ideally under £75 Cheers

mikewsmith
    Free Member

millets!!

br
    Free Member

a 'waterproof to walk the dog in'?

bloody big waterproof!

soobalias
    Free Member
    CountZero

Look around for one of the cheap wax cotton Stockman/Drizabone knock-offs. Easily reproofed with Barbour's wax proofer, loads of length to keep most of your legs dry, decent size pockets, and the cape bit across the shoulders makes a HUGE difference when it's chucking it down. I bought a sale Barbour last year, and I've worn it practically every day since the end of October. Best money I've ever spent on a coat. The genuine Drizabone drover coats are £135, and I honestly think you ought to sport the extra cash and get one, it'll last decades, properly reproofed. They do black ones, as well.

allthepies
    Free Member

mefty
    Free Member

I got a knock off Barbour for £20 from SCATS, the local agricultural trader in the South just for short walks etc and I use it all the time.

vondally
    Free Member

Waxed jackets remind me of the eighties and i really do not like the small, army surplus intresting would a poncho work???or is that a fashion faux pas??

epicyclo

Large Umbrella

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a cheap waterproof to walk the dog in??’ is closed to new replies.