Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a cheap ebike for my mum.
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Mum’s 70th coming up and apparently she has been expressing interest in an ebike. Now if I had 4k going spare I might have a clue, but I’m looking for something a little less pricey and capable.

I have a budget of around 600 quid which I doubt will get me far, however I can probably buy one on bike to work (yes I realise that that’s not the point of bike to work) which would bring budget up to a grand.. Only issue is it would need to be from Halfords.

So any decent deals out there for around 600 quid before I look at the btw option?

I’m not looking for an mtb btw.. More of a ladies hybrid!

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’m thinking an ebco ucl 10 if anyone has any experience of this type of thing!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Don’t buy a cheap one. They’re utter crap. £60 supermarket bikes with dodgy electrics. Spend £1000 minimum or go for a used one.

chojin
    Free Member

EDIT: Actually. Ignore that.

TiRed

Used KalkoFf Agattu from the 50 cycles website. You’ll still pay the best part of £1000, but your mum will think you are the very best. Fabulous bikes. They also hold their value for a reason.

mikesbikes71
    Free Member

hi tpbiker
    i’m about to post this ebike of my wife’s on our work for sale intranet or sell it to my lbs. i just replaced the sla cells as they died through lack of use. i’m only after getting the cost of the cells back and a little extra.
    email me for details if interested. it would be very cheap and a easy way for her to dip her toe in. based in ne england

http://www.pedalandpower.com/images/IZIP%20EZGO%20FOLDER.jpg

tjagain

Don’t buy a cheapo one – it will be a massive disappointment and a waste of money.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a cheap ebike for my mum.’ is closed to new replies.