Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a bike shop in Edinburgh……
  • adam5555

…. with a good range of eyewear to try on. My eyes seem to be really suffering when Im out on the bike at the moment. Never really suited sunglasses so need somewhere with a good range of styles, brands etc.

Cheers

ojom
    Free Member

ooh self promotion time. Got some Bloc in. That's all.

We don't do much eyewear as it is ripped on the web too much.

Also – try 2020 opticians for Oakley. Good service in there.

AlasdairMc

There's a place on Hanover St that does Oakleys with a discount, but its name escapes me.

Al

adam5555

Cheers TBC looked at the bloc site and they look quite good, will have to pop in and try some on when im next in town.

Al do you mean the ski shop?

ojom
    Free Member

Cool, we are shut sundays so don't come then… that way leads to fail.

AlasdairMc

Yup, that's the one.

Oakleys are excellent, I wear my Whiskers all year round for most activities

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Try some Bolle safety glasses the choice of the discerning MTBer.

CE marked for UV and impact protection, hydrophobic coated and anti scratch coated – ie more protection than oakleys

£4 – 7 a pair and not too geeky Loads of different styles If you hate them you only wasted £7

ojom
    Free Member

CE marked for UV and impact protection, hydrophobic coated and anti scratch coated – ie more protection than oakleys

This may well be true but…. the optical quality of the cheap 'builders' glasses is dire. There is no comparison.

Being a full time glasses wearer this is a major factor in me choosing the oakleys.

adam5555

Yeah i have used bolle safety glasses at work before but the vanity in me is wanting something that looks half decent. I look bad enough in them to start with. Will probably have to take a tour of the bike shops of edinburgh. Anyone know any shops that stock spesh glasses, apart from edinburgh bike co-op?

ojom
    Free Member

You have your answer… just the Co-Op.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a bike shop in Edinburgh……’ is closed to new replies.