Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend Best Deal for Electricity & Gas Please
  • BigJohn

I'm currently with E.On for electricity and gas. We've had a capped price deal for the last 5 years (which has saved a fair bit) but that's coming to an end on 1st March.

Our usage is fairly high:
    Gas – 43Kw/h per year – £1034
    Elec – 11.5Kw/h per year – £940

Do we have any experts who know if another capped or fixed price deal is the thing to go for, and who's offering the best deals at the moment?

Live in Stafford, if that's important (it is to me).

BigJohn

Please don't make me have to spend time on those price comparison sites. I don't want to encourage their dreadful adverts.

postierich
    Free Member

In the same boat looking @ switching from EON!

windowshopper
    Free Member

Just switched to first:utility based on the information at uSwitch which indicated that it was the cheapest for dual fuel paid by direct debit.

I'll happily encourage their ads if it stops muppets knocking on my door trying to make me switch. The last one who came was invited in by my wife in a moment of madness. It only took a few minutes to establish that his "fantastic" deal with great "savings" was worse then the one I was already on and about to ditch.

And anyway, my kids love that Go Compare ad and it makes me laugh when they sing it.

aP
    Free Member

How on earth do you manage to spend so much on gas'n'electric?

trb
    Free Member

N power on-line tariff. Crap customer service, but it's cheap.

With bills that high I'd be looking at using less energy in the first place! (But I guess that's not want you wanted to hear)

BigJohn

Big house, built in 1838 with solid walls and draughts. And a family. And a power shower.

But who thinks a capped or fixed deal will be beneficial for the next few years? Are energy prices going to rocket?

aP
    Free Member

I'd look at spending some money on insulation and draught proofing. When the national grid begins to fall over in about 5-10 years, I can't see that electricity prices can do anything except go up.

BigJohn

I don't think it's entirely fair to blame me for the imminent demise of the national grid, aP.

djglover
    Free Member

British Gas Websaver 6, I think its the cheapest tariff in the market at the moment

BigJohn

I just switched to the E.On Fix Online 6 tariff. I registered on the eon site and got the low rates and a 25.3% discount for dual fuel, direct debit and online management. And its fixed till April 2011. Looks the best one I can find.

alwyn
    Free Member

If you can cap it, because it's going to go up a lot!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend Best Deal for Electricity & Gas Please’ is closed to new replies.