Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rebuilt Blue Pig
  • nach
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ve posted this here before, because it got covered in filth approximately five minutes after I finished building it first time and, apart from being rinsed and lubed after wet rides, stayed filthy for a year. Freshly dismantled, cleaned, fixed, upgraded and rebuilt this weekend:

(I’d rather optimistically hoped to get the bearings all the way through a Pennine winter. Wheels, headset and BB were a bit crunchy, the old chain device wheel was seized and had some lovely grooves in it).

There’s not much more I’d like to do to it. I’ll maybe try some wider bars, and almost certainly go one by when that chainset is done for.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Looks good. I have a soft spot for these as many moons ago I had a blue pig x and should never have sold it .

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

There a bit young boys BMX to look at, I had one! The grin factor when blasting down trails and drifting turns you wouldn’t normally takes some beating, shame Ragleys QC is woeful though.

nach
    Free Member

Yeah, I was nervous about that head tube when I first got it. Luckily the cups went in fine.

I can feel I’ll probably go for something bouncy within a few years, but for now this is an absolute blast on descents. Not sure I’d ever want to get rid of it.

bennn
    Free Member

Nice! I have all the stuff from my MK1 Pig waiting to go back on, she’s a few years old now, and ‘other bikes’ keep turning my head, but I keep getting dragged back.. couldn’t let it go anyway.

They just ride so well!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rebuilt Blue Pig’ is closed to new replies.