Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • RebelRelic guitars….what do you think?
  • stratobiker
    Free Member

….

Many more here…..
    http://www.rebelrelic.com

I’m not asking what you think about the whole “relic” thing. I’m asking, if you are into relics, what do you make of rebelrelic?

SB

trailmonkey

are they really cheesy up close, bit like those repro vintage radios that everyone had in the 80’s ?

more importantly, what do they sound like ?

Klunk
    Free Member

just buy a normal guitar and play it lots and lots, a nice chunky belt buckle will scratch up the back and a Ramones leather will soon wear down the front.

stratobiker
    Free Member

@Klunk – I already did that with this one…took me 25 years.

See I was looking (I said looking) at Fender Custom Shop relics, then I got onto Crinson replicas and Haar replicas, then I found “Historic Makeovers” for Les Pauls, then I found RebelRelics. Been reading about them all, and comparing prices, and wondering……. So then I thought I’d ask on here as I know there’s lots of guitarists. Suppose I should hace gone out on my bike really.

SB

tyger
    Free Member

Stratobiker – YGM 🙂

How’s the EJ doing?

lodious
    Free Member

I bought a Custom Shop relic a few years back, it’s OK, but I’ve noticed as I’ve played it, the neck has started to look less old than when I bought it…which makes it feel a bit phoney (which of course it is). I think i’d rather buy new and let nature take it’s course.

stratobiker
    Free Member

@tyger – YGM back. The EJ is doing just great. I’m loving it.

@lodius – Now that is interesting. Thanks for that.

Looks like I might have to make a trip to Amsterdam!!! 😉

tyger
    Free Member

@strato – YGM 🙂

brassneck

The strat looks almost too perfectly relic… the tele alike I don’t know, but that top scuff looks in an unlikely place – but I guess everyones guitars age up different accroding to how you play.

I have a 78 SG that looks brand new compared to either of them!

stratobiker
    Free Member

Chipps?

john_drummer
    Free Member

OK I’m only a drummer, but I do have a couple of guitars. personally, if I was buying a new guitar, I’d like it to look like a new guitar 😉

oh bugger, just re-read the OP. please ignore me 😉

chipps

Hello! 🙂
    They look very well done, though for €2000, you’re getting close to Fender Custom Shop relics, so why not do that instead?

That blue Strat looks very similar to one I got from Wavelength guitars in Sheffield – which cost me £800 and it’s still one of my favourites to play. I do like shiny guitars, but I always seem to come back to worn ones.

MrNutt
    Free Member

just buy a second hand squire and leave it on the roof of your house for a month?

Northwind

Heh. I would have sworn that your own strat there is a bad DIY relic job :mrgreen:

Saw a RebelRelic one a wee while back, it was slightly overdone but that was at the customer’s request- he wanted lots of wear but no damage, as I understand it, which always looks silly. But some of the ones on the website look really spot on.

I think it’s nuts frankly but ymmv.

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

Stupid idea, in the flesh they always just look they’ve been sanded and battered randomly.

And to actually answer your question, I’ve played a couple of the rebel guitars, they’re pants for the money. Get a fender Vintage Vibe instead,just as good if not better playing and a damn sight cheaper.

I’ve just paid slightly shy of 5k for a Gibson Byrdland Florentine, if I’ve paid thousands for a guitar, it better bloody play like it, and the rebels don’t frankly.

racefaceec90

what about one of these you can get one for under £270 online 😀 would love to buy one (but paying off my new bike) will get one though one day 😉

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

Those Vintage guitars play really nicely as well…..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘RebelRelic guitars….what do you think?’ is closed to new replies.