Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rebas or Fox F120's?
  • gp
    Free Member

Hi, how do Rockshox Rebas compare to Fox's F120's?

Thanks

Guy

glenh
    Free Member

Reba's are better in my opinion, although I'm sure others will disagree.

Either way, I'm not sure how anyone can justify the extra cost of the fox's.

gp
    Free Member

Thanks glenh – what do you find better about them?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Rebas for me & I'm currently riding Fox!
    More easily tuned, easier to & require less servicing.
    More plush if set up well IMHO.
    Cheaper.

Black
    Free Member

Fox = smoother with better progression and look better.
    Reba = cheaper with far superior reliability.

Go for the Reba's unless you need a 15mm QR.

gp
    Free Member

For extra stiffness couldn't I go for maxle lite dropouts with the reba's though?

glenh
    Free Member

yeah, but that's 20mm rather than 15.

btw, one of Black's plus points for fox is a negative as far as i'm concered. The reba (09 onwards) has a more linear (coil like) spring rate and doesn't ramp up like the fox.

Black
    Free Member

Glenh – the 2010 Foxs are superior to my 09 Rebas.

Alex

I went through this and decided on Reba (where I've managed to get a Maxle version with the new BlackBox Internals for about 300 off list!). Fox F120s are going for the same on CRC, but after asking around I went for Reba's.

Main reasons
    – Already have RS forks and been happy with them
    – Know how to set them up
    – Still not sure about fox durability (but that may not be fair anymore)
    – Prefer Maxle to QR/15

gp
    Free Member

Alex, Have you ridden any newish fox forks recently – just wondering how they might have felt compared to your bargain Rebas (teams?)!?

Well that's some encouraging feedback re the Rebas – I'll have to see if there are any deals to be had…

My next debate to remote lockout or not!

Thanks

Alex

Only Fox's I rode were on the demo ST4 I had. I liked them, they were well set up, nicely damped and stiff. But on doing some research I found pretty much the summary you have on this thread.

I think both are an excellent trail fork. Amazing really that you can get a really well sorted sub 4lb fork that's stiff. I started riding on noodly SIDS!

I bought mine from Walkers in Scotland. Nice place to do business with. They are 09 colours but have the BB damping and Maxle.

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Was a Fox man but converted by 2009 Reba's. Just bought another set: Reba Team Maxles-ready for test.
    Fox have lagged behind in quality, reliability and minor bump absorbtion IMHO. They need to be the same price or less than RS.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rebas or Fox F120's?’ is closed to new replies.