Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Reba Servicing/tuning tips?
  • cookeaa

I’ve just taken delivery of a bargain pair of Reba RL Solo Air forks (29er/120mm) after winning a speculative ebay auction.

They look to be in pretty good condition but I’m going to pull them apart and give them a service anyway. the doc’s from SRAM show them to be pretty simple forks, but does anyone have any tips for servicing them?
    And are there any useful suggested mods/tuning/adjustments I should think about making while I’ve got them apart?

Yak

The crush washers on the foot nuts sometimes leak if re-used. They cost pence so get a bag of them.

jimthesaint

If they are of an older vintage then changing the air top cap for a newer one with volume spacers will make a massive difference.
    If you are changing the oil seals then get the SKF green ones as they are far more slippery than standard ones.

martinhutch

And are there any useful suggested mods/tuning/adjustments I should think about making while I’ve got them apart?

Add a bottomless token? – I had a single one on my 120mm (26) Rebas and it made a noticeable difference to their performance.

lovewookie

if you don’t have bottomless tokens then a 20mm dia rubber or plastic ball in the air chamber will work. rubber is quieter.

🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Reba Servicing/tuning tips?’ is closed to new replies.